Now, i'm sure you get these threads all the time, however at least it's not a "Which amp amkes this noise" thread.

Anyways, I'll have about 600$ to spend come March. I have already decided I'm either getting a Jackson RR3, or A B-52 AT100 Head. (And yesm I'll be able to purchase those, my good friend has already worked me a deal) I am just unsure of which i'll buy. Before you rush to a decision, on what you would do in my situation; here's some background on what I have.

As far as the Jackson is concerned; i realized Liscensed Floyd's do not compare to the original. However, on this particular instrument, after searching for months, this one seems to be pretty well responsive. What makes me somewhat sketchy on buying a guitar is the fact that I already have quite the lineup of guitars; Fender F-210 Acoustic, Squier Strat, Schecter Omen 6, Epiphone Les Paul, MIA Standard Strat, and a PRS CE 24.

As far as the amp, I'm worried because once the tubes die; it'd set me back a bit to get them replaced, and I also won;t have the cash to get it's respective cab. As far as amps go, I have a Fender 15 watt, and Marshall MG15, and a Line 6 Half Stack.

Before anything else is reccomended, i really do not want a combo amp; I prefer the prjection of a half stack tenfold more than a combo amp. Also, the main reasoning behind getting another guitar is entirely because i'm in jazz ensemble and combo at my school, and since i don't want to lug my PRS back and forth everyday, I think it would be well suited to pick up a guitar more suited towards metal.

Now, if anyone actually read all of that, which of the two would you buy?
Yeah, I'm kind of leaning towards that, but I can't say i know if it will retain it's quality through the line 6 cab. I could be mistaken, but I don't think the B-52 cab is really high end, but I also don't lnow much in the way of speakers and whatnot. All in all, would it be a big difference, or do you think that the line 6 cab would sound any differently?
I've always favored Celestion or Jensen speakers, but that's my tastes. Does the store that you are considering buying from have your cab? If so, have them plug the B-52 head to that cab and try it out. I know that GC will let you try it out at home for a limited time and then you can bring it back if you don't like it.
Yeah, I'll call him up tomorrow and see if he can't work that out for me. It's more or less a local store, and only has high end stuff; and strangely a huge selection of all jacksons. Thanks for the advice, bro, it's helped a lot.
My friend/ old guitarist from my last band, has a B-52. To be honest, it's nothing that great. The stock tubes suck. So be prepared to replace those first thing.
Eh, but what i played i thought was a HUGE improvement from what i had. It also covers everything I need; it's got nice, thick crunch, and it's clean channel ain't half bad.

However, I'm still open to ideas if anyone can come up with a different all tube head.
Quote by Bullet FMV
Yeah, I'll call him up tomorrow and see if he can't work that out for me. It's more or less a local store, and only has high end stuff; and strangely a huge selection of all jacksons. Thanks for the advice, bro, it's helped a lot.

No problem, let us know what you decided on.
Absolutely will; I should also be able to provide sound clips, too, assuming i can find my mics after the big move.
if what you need is a good, thick crunch and a decent clean tone, don't get the B-52. the AT-100, in addition to being pretty "blah" as far as tone goes, have poor quality. many of the users i've spoken with say that the tolex bubbles after a certain period of use, and, like someone already mentioned, you'll have to spend extra to replace the tubes. my suggestion is a Carvin MTS3200. great crunch tone, and an absolutely phenomenal clean tone. they're really cheap, too. you can easily find one for $450 or better. go to their website and check their sound samples.