I found a trailer for a movie coming out that looks amazing. Across The Universe. It seems as though its an original story based around The Beatles music, during the vietnam war. All of the characters are even named after songs (Jude, Lucy, Sadie, JoJo, Prudence, Mr. Kite, Dr. Robert...etc..). I thought that everyone here might care to know about this film. I'm already very excited. It's great to so how relevant The Beatles still are. And this also seems to conclude that there is quite the classic rock revival going on.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/acrosstheuniverse/
http://imdb.com/title/tt0445922/
I'll go see it, looks sorta trippy though
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412

Col. Catman of the KISS ARMY UG REGIMENT:
PM Sloopy to join up!
It looks pretty good, but it could be a complete bust. I will see it either way.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
I'm not sure how this'll turn out, but they should really try and get real Beatles songs.
Sent from my iPad.
This movie seems awesome. I know this one isn't necessarily a Beatles movie such as A Hard Day's Night or Yellow Submarine, but regardless the tie-in of The Beatles into this film makes me anxious to see it.
I hope it doesnt suck as much as Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band...

THAT MOVIE WASTED MY PRECIOUS COIN!
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Yes, he is. He shows off his 'acting' skills too.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

haha i saw that on tv one day. i was confused why the one guy looked so much like peter frampton then i looked it up online and it was him
It is a disgrace to the Beatles, which I hope this film isn't.

^^I think it's going to be way better than Sgt. Peppers. The story seems original, and the filmaking looks to be very interesting.

Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Wasn't Peter Frampton in that?

Weren't the Bee Gee's in it too?
Last edited by Jesse Mrau at Feb 20, 2007,
The fact is that it was so bad that neither of them ever made a hit record again. It completely destroyed their careers.

Wow, if Sgt Peppers was as bad as everyone says, I need to find it. If only for a cheap laugh or too.

EDIT: Oh my god! I just checked imdb........ Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Earth Wind and Fire, Billy Preston, Steve Martin....and the list goes on!
Last edited by Jesse Mrau at Feb 20, 2007,
Trust me, its not even worth seeing. Not even as so bad its good humor.

Across The Universe looks like it's going to be amazing, but I guess I'll have to see it....

As for Sgt. Pepper, I think I'll just take your word for it.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space