So i was planning on buying a cheap Bass in case the Bass isnt for me so i was planning on buying one ranging from 100-150. Im looking for mainly a 4-string and i was thinking about getting a Brownsville BB20, UB100, or a Dean Edge 09. Can someone give me feedback on a good beginner guitar? Im age 14 and about 5'7 and not to much of a fatty(if that matters)
dude if u buy a cheap one it wont be for you....you wont like it if u get a cheap one...trust me...i know...
spend a hundred more....and get the ibanez starter pack...either that or find a friend that doesnt play nemore and tell them theres is warped and youll pay 50 for it....
I would by far recomend the Yamaha bass pack. Its better than the Ibanez bass pack and is SO much better than the Fender. Its good for any style you want to play and the RBX170 looks very cool. Get it if you want the most bang for your buck.

Heres a link to it
http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMGMEB
Rhythm Harmony Melody
I suggest getting an Ibanez GSR200FM. It's only $200-250 and it well worth it.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
I would by far recomend the Yamaha bass pack. Its better than the Ibanez bass pack and is SO much better than the Fender. Its good for any style you want to play and the RBX170 looks very cool. Get it if you want the most bang for your buck.

Heres a link to it
http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMGMEB

+1 Yamaha are great
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
defo spend over £150 on your first bass,if you buy cheap expect a cheap sound!however i am still using my fender p-bass imitation 2 years later and have modified it with fender parts over that time to create a better sounding bass until i can afford a really nice bass(after uni!).this has given me time to realise i want to stick with the bass and i havnt spent out a lot of money before being able to play the thing!
the only thing i can tell you is to DO NOT EVER BY A JOHNSON STARTER BASS! their awfull, besides that most starter basses are decent. also, if you ever get discoraged with thaat instrament and you think its not for you, go play a better bass somewhere and see if it makes you feel like playin more
Quote by indie-bassist
+1 Yamaha are great

Wen i was at the guitar store the other day i tried a yamaha and they sound fairly nice for $180.
Quote by jds_bitch86
defo spend over £150 on your first bass,if you buy cheap expect a cheap sound!however i am still using my fender p-bass imitation 2 years later and have modified it with fender parts over that time to create a better sounding bass until i can afford a really nice bass(after uni!).this has given me time to realise i want to stick with the bass and i havnt spent out a lot of money before being able to play the thing!

I was thinking of doing the same thing with my P-bass. Maybe swapping out for a wider neck, suitable pickups, and a 5-string bridge? Can anyone advise for or against this?
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by FirePanic
So i was planning on buying a cheap Bass in case the Bass isnt for me so i was planning on buying one ranging from 100-150. Im looking for mainly a 4-string and i was thinking about getting a Brownsville BB20, UB100, or a Dean Edge 09. Can someone give me feedback on a good beginner guitar? Im age 14 and about 5'7 and not to much of a fatty(if that matters)

I don't think age, height or weight really matters..

My friend is 6'3, 15 and not fat at all, and he is a bassist.
hey, i actually own a Dean Edge 09...that was my first bass. i actually got it off eBay on a whim (friend owed me money, we worked out an arrangement where he got the bass and i paid off a small remainder in cash). anyways, for a starter bass, it's simple and plays pretty well. The hardware isn't really complex (just a volume and tone knob), but with just a neck pick-up, the sound you get is decent. the neck has a good feel to it too, and the bass isn't all too heavy.

my current bass is an Ibanez SRX2EX, which was two active humbuckers. great sound which can be varied with pickup control and bass/treble knobs. the neck on this is small...not nearly as wide and/or thick as most basses i've played.

but yeah, if you want something that won't take too much out of your wallet to start out, the Dean Edge 09 is a good bet
Buy a '62 costom shop Jazz-Bass,10 Ampeg 810E CAbs, 5 SVT CLs, 2 SVT-3 pros, 2 SVT-4 pros, and 1 SVT-2 Pro. That should be realtitvely cheep. Maybe $35,000.