what's with the bridge on SGs? you play it sitting down and you have to like move your right hand over to the left side of your body almost to strum in the right place. and the stupid strap button on the back of the guitar makes it sit weird while you're standing up so you cant play it right then either. how the hell do you play this guitar??
It's you, not the guitar... You're obviously not a very good guitarist...
Blues Power
This is why you play a guitar in a store before you order it...then you'll realize, in the store "oh shit I don't like how this feels".
Ahh yes, the famous SG hug...

Sitting...

Quiz: Who is that standing in the background ?

Standing...

Last edited by ColdGin at Feb 18, 2007,
Quote by the.spine.surfs
This is why you play a guitar in a store before you order it...then you'll realize, in the store "oh shit I don't like how this feels".

Exactly. You obviously bought the guitar for the looks and because its a big name gibson. You have to really play with a guitar before you buy it. Make sure its comfortable and what not.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Why did you buy the guitar then if you didn't like it?

And ColdGin, much of a Cream fan? lol
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I agree with the TS's points in their entirity, but everyone likes different guitars for different reasons. I've got a love hate thing going with SG's. I hate the way they sit or hang and the bridge has more than once scratched the hell out of my hand, but I still love how they sound and something about them makes me want to jump around on stage.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by R_H_C_P

And ColdGin, much of a Cream fan? lol

Aye ! I love SGs. I only have two, just for recording, never take'em out. They're so light, I'm afraid of breaking them when playing live. The magic of SGs is that, in such a small package, you can feel the strings vibrating with your belly when you hug them tight, in addition to the sound waves coming from the amp and hitting the body. I'll let you imagine how it feels when you make'em feedback.

Last edited by ColdGin at Feb 18, 2007,
i honestly never play my SG sitting down so thats not a prob for me. so maybe just dont sit down =]
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat
*B.C. Rich NJ Series Mocking Bird

*Ibanez PF series acoustic
*Ibanez AE 30
If your strap button is on the back of the guitar put the strap on so that the front of the strap faces out. My friend has an epi sg and she always did it the same way you put it on a strat but then the strap is twisted.