Well this monday I am going to be picking one up, I love the guitar but I would like to know some opinions on it. Ill be playing mostly death, black, grind type heavy stuff, and blues, so I am wondering if the guitar with 81/81 emgs will sound good. Any opinions would be appreciated.
i have the left handed black cherry ec 1000 deluxe model and its the best guitar ive ever played for metal. alot of ppl will tell ya that the guitar is only good for metal/heavy music but turned to lower volumes and diff amp settings it can blues as well as jazz. excellent instrument congrats and have fun
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
I thought EC's had 81/60s in them?

At least thats what ESP's website says.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Vanquish
I thought EC's had 81/60s in them?

At least thats what ESP's website says.

The vintage black has 81/60, the bursts have jb/59 or somthing, the cherry and black are 81/81
I have the black cherry and its definitely 81/60. these guitars are amazing, i doubt you will ever get sick of looking at it and playing it! and yeah, they are versatile, ive got a stratocaster but i didnt even bring it with me to uni, the ec1000 does everything i want! and yes that includes cleans/lower gain classic rock
Diezel, Motherfucker
I actually like it alot. After buying this guitar...I could barely find anything up to the standards; I played epiphones, gibsons, jacksons, etc.

I guess I'm just used to the feel of the guitar and I must say, it's a bargain for the money. I would think you couldn't find a better guitar for the money, imo.

Although, I have the black cherry and it's very nice--I always get compliments on it, but I disliked the 81/60 very much so. I'm not a metal fan, but for you TS, it will suite you perfectly.

I have to give the guitar (stock) - a 8.8

And now that my guitar actually has straplocks and bareknuckle pick ups - 9.2
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Buy it, you will definatley get a good death/black metal and, suprisingly, a excellent blues tone as well.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Ok, Im just confused now after so many people saying there black cherry came with 81/81 and now some people saying 81/60 also. Either way Ill like it though
The black cherry comes with 81's/60's...I don't know why people are saying 81/81...
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by gsr2k6
Well this monday I am going to be picking one up, I love the guitar but I would like to know some opinions on it. Ill be playing mostly death, black, grind type heavy stuff, and blues, so I am wondering if the guitar with 81/81 emgs will sound good. Any opinions would be appreciated.

You have yourself a perfect match!
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by Muppet
You have yourself a perfect match!

The only other guitar I was considering is the shecter c1 hellraiser with a floyd but then i started to relize i really dont use my trem that much and there rather annoying when i want to downtune and such, so ill keep my rg350 around for when im in the mood to throw a guitar out of tune :-D