Ok. so this thread is about exactly what the name says what are yalls opinion on first act guitars personaly i don't thing there that great but instead of taking my Les Paul to school for class i bought a first act so have at it
Quote by Twist of fate
Recording: Im gonna bend you over and screw you like an animal you slut

Police: OMFG! GET THE BOMB!

MAN LAW!
ok to start on, unless you plan on paying thousands for one of the customs.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
i want the silverburts brent hinds custom
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
First Act is a weird brand. They make $100 Wal Mart guitars and then they make fairly decent high end stuff. Ive played a wal mart one and it really wasnt any worse than a squier or some other super low end guitar.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I have a First Act lent it to a cousin and probably will never see it again but for my first guitar it was pretty cool i couldnt really complain till i knew that they sucked
soul_power has it. I mean of all their guitars I have played (all of which were low end guitars) have been decent for what they are, low end beginner guitars. I like the company and respect what theyre doing, trying to put out low priced instruments to get kids into playing music. Its hard for beginners who dont have rich parents to get into music and First Act is there to pick up that slack, and I applaud them for it.

Now I have always wanted to go to their shop in Boston. They have like a showroom type feel where you can just pickup any of their guitars and play. Its really cool, and looks laid back. Their Custom Shop instruments are supposed to rival quality of bigger name brands, but everyone assumes that since it says First Act on the headstock and they saw First Act guitars at their local Wal-Mart that they all must suck. People base too much on a name these days.

To be completely honest, I have a First Act that I got a few years ago and I would easily say that for $80 it rivals quite a bit of Fender MIM and MIJ models. The First Act I have is a solid alder body, maple neck, and rosewood fretboard, and all of the wood components are very well built. NOw some parts had to be replaced such as the tuners and pickups, but for the mos part its a great guitar. And its taken a beating and wont quit.

So to TS, if you bought a lw end First Act from Wal-Mart as your beater guitar then kudos to you. Dont expect the greatest tone from it, but dont be suprised as to what you can get from it. Theyre not near as bad as every one around here makes them out to be.
Thats a good point LuthierofTexas and as much as I hate to I have to agree with you on that I'm not real keen on them but for what they are and the lower prices there not bad
Quote by Twist of fate
Recording: Im gonna bend you over and screw you like an animal you slut

Police: OMFG! GET THE BOMB!

MAN LAW!
I would love to own a high end first act. They had a show on DYI and you can tell they really put a lot of effort into their high end models.
epic7734
I've heard their high end models are amazing.

The shit they sell at Walmart are some of the most god awful products ever made.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Have you ever owned one Duff?

Yep, I've had a First-Act bass for two years(what I started out on) and I've played some of their guitars.

However, their older model strat copy I played had a surprisingly comfortable body
Thats fine G string, cause some poor kid is playing his First Act better then you and your wanna be punk bull shit anyway.

I found that First Act have wierd basses to begin with. But your right their old model Strat copy was actually a good guitar. It actually had a complete alder body. But even their cheap stuff know isnt too bad for what it is. Its actually quite comparable to low end Squires.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Thats fine G string, cause some poor kid is playing his First Act better then you and your wanna be punk bull shit anyway.

I found that First Act have wierd basses to begin with. But your right their old model Strat copy was actually a good guitar. It actually had a complete alder body. But even their cheap stuff know isnt too bad for what it is. Its actually quite comparable to low end Squires.

Yup, but even Squire makes good stuff. I got a standard series squire strat. It's pretty nice. But that has nothing to do with this thread.
Yeah it does, TS asked what we thought about him getting a First Act. If I can establish that First Act rivals som low end guitars in quality, then that proves that he didnt make a bad decision.
I'm coming up to 2 of playing and I am still playing my First Act strat copy, It plays fine for me. I'm definatley(sp) not one experianced with quality though, my opinion likely has little meaning.
Luthier: Some people rate them selves on how expensive their guitars are. They have no respect for people like me (i don't have a first act but my guitar isn't much better) who can't drop 500+ on nice gear. Hell i have real bills to pay. I'm lucky i got my cheap guitar.

But just for ya'll youngns, i would like to see ya'll drop $8,000 cash on a ride like mine, And if your parents bought it, it doesn't count. Just like most of ya'll guitars.
epic7734
Quote by LuthierofTexas

whatever lol i was just joking. i dont care if some dude is better than me if he is using a first act. all that matters is that that dude has something to play. thats all that matters
Quote by The_G_String
whatever lol i was just joking. i dont care if some dude is better than me if he is using a first act. all that matters is that that dude has something to play. thats all that matters

You have an interesting way of showing your joking.
epic7734
my friend had a wal-mart one and it didnt sounds as bad as i thought it would. for paying $120 for a guitar its not that bad.