Which guitar do you think has the closest tone to Joe Satriani's guitar that is not one of Ibanez JS model (Too Expensive)

Let me know

Thanks
his tone probably comes moreso from his amps effects and pickups and not so much his signature model. just get an ibanez rg with an edge pro and get the same pickups as him.
Anything with a basswood body, a locking trem, and hot Dimarzio pickups should handle it. A modded RG would work as would even a modded Schecter Damien.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Would Ibanez 350s or 370s work? or Do I need something a little more expensive?
the problem with 350's and im assuming also with 370's is that the bridge is pretty garbage. you should probably save up a little more for an RG1570. they have an edge pro (same bridge as a js sig i think) and a prestige neck.
350/370's are S series arnt they?
and they have a ZR trem. which is amazing.
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
The bridge isnt as bad as it is made out to be, its still extremely stable if you know how to use it properly and set it up correctly... Still you probably would be better off going for a >550 model
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
I wish I could get RG1570 or something of the sort but this is my very first electric guitar and I don't think that it's appropriate for me to get such expensive guitar as a beginner. (Although I love Satriani's songs/style very very much)
I think I'll probably go with RG350s or RG370s, and maybe upgrade to 1570 if I get good/get more money.
That sound ok?