so today I go to my local music store, to by some new strings for my bass. I go inside ask this guy about getting a B string for my bass since I play a lot of downtunning with my E. He widened the nut for my "E slot" so I could fit a B in it. Then He said i should just use the 4 top strings. (BEAD) so widened the rest of the nut slots, and I went home and stringed it up BEAD. But I realized that I'm really downtunned. Like I wanted to play in Drop C, not like way below that. And if I try to tune the E to a G (3 steps above E) I would be stretching out my neck. But I hear a lot of bass players play BEAD and play drop C) or is tht total bs?

thx for any help
A low B is only 1 half step (1 fret) below C. Just play whatever you would on the C string a fret higher.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
A low B is only 1 half step (1 fret) below C. Just play whatever you would on the C string a fret higher.

+1

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15