Man do they blow. I saw them live the other night at Mustard plugs show and they are bigtime posers. PP bashes emo but yet their still a crappy pop punk type band. To me its all crap tho. MC Lars was so awful I had to sit in the hallway until the next band came on. Suburban legends sucked I thought too.
i've only seen suburban legends, and they were pretty damn bad. i'm not a fan of any of their music, however suburban legends puts on a worse live show than several local unsigned high school bands in my area.
Suburban Legends just graduated HS? Yea their a product of todays sucky punk scene thats for sure. So how are they on cd opposed to live? I'd say both are bad myself.
I don't mind MC Lars. He gets people excited about music at least. Nice bloke too.

I don't think any of those bands really belong in here though, do they?
Suburban Legends are awesome. I don't know anything about MC Lars, in fact I have no idea who that is. Patent Pending suck hard, they were local for me before they got popular.
Quote by hardrock1315
Suburban Legends are awesome.

Awsome indeed. Suburban Legends are great

MC Lars isnt that great and i never heard of patent pending
Quote by waterproofpie
Sometimes people say they don't like Operation Ivy. Those people are what we call liars.

UG's Premiere Dancelete
Quote by hardrock1315
Suburban Legends are awesome. I don't know anything about MC Lars, in fact I have no idea who that is. Patent Pending suck hard, they were local for me before they got popular.

mc lars is like punk influenced hip hop, or as he calls it "Post-Punk Laptop Rap". you should check him out, he's got some good stuff. http://myspace.com/mclars
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
^that hot topic song is pretty good...the rest are eh...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I hate Patent Pending. Boring pop rock by a bunch of upper middle class brats. They went to my high school and played a set at a school function once. The lead singer was PuNx enough to start off by saying "This gig sucks!". Mind you, they had to audition to play so that the school could be sure that their music was sterile and coma-inducing enough so that the student body woudn't be exposed to any bad words or other tomfoolery. They fit the bill perfectly.

Oh yeah, they were interviewed by the school paper once and they described themselves as a punk band. As influences they listed Weezer, led Zepplin and a few trendy modern rock bands. Granted, this was 3 or 4 years ago and things may have changed. I'm just putting this out there.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by Zardokk
I like MC Lars. He did a few good songs for Punk Voter.

never mind he sucks now...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I hate Patent Pending. Boring pop rock by a bunch of upper middle class brats. They went to my high school and played a set at a school function once. The lead singer was PuNx enough to start off by saying "This gig sucks!". Mind you, they had to audition to play so that the school could be sure that their music was sterile and coma-inducing enough so that the student body woudn't be exposed to any bad words or other tomfoolery. They fit the bill perfectly.

Oh yeah, they were interviewed by the school paper once and they described themselves as a punk band. As influences they listed Weezer, led Zepplin and a few trendy modern rock bands. Granted, this was 3 or 4 years ago and things may have changed. I'm just putting this out there.

Wow they were at your school? Amazing. What year was it? 1998 or so?
Nothing you said shocks me because they are wannabe punks to the highest extent and surely sound like the upper middle class element of the late 90s kids.
The kids who probably liked Limp Bizkit with a few original bands but posers nonetheless. That audition must have been funny though.
Did most of the student body like their performance?
i saw them with mustard plug and against all authority
and yeah they do suck.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
I've seen them before and they're terrible. Their music is tolerable, but their dance thing makes you embarrassed for them.

Edit: About Suburban Legends^^^
their dancing made me feel like i was at a motley crue concert or something. i was like "wtf, i didn't sign for this shit"
Quote by vlp_dope
i saw them with mustard plug and against all authority
and yeah they do suck.

OMG that was the same ****ing show I went to in St Petersburg. What city did you see it in and when?
I've met all the Patent Pending guys, yeah their music sucks, but they know they're making pop punk. So that's what they do. If you like real punk of course you're not going to like them.
It's two different genres.
Plus they are really nice guys.
peace & chemicals
Suburban Legends aren't that great, but I've seen them twice (Summer of Ska & Fall Of Ska), and I can't help but admit that I really enjoy their cover of "Under The Sea".

I like some of Patent Pending's stuff. A lot sounds too much like any other band these days, but some (like "Cheer Up Emo Kid") is really good.

MC Lars is just funny . The fact that Hot Topic still sells his clothes just shows how they jump onto every bandwagon.
Can someone explain to me the dance routine/boy band thing regarding Suburban Legends? I just thought they were a goofy ska band who like swing? And also, I read that they played loads of shows at Disneyland?
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
^their dance routine is a cross between eighties synchronized headbanging and guitar/ trombone swinging, and boy bandish dance routines. they did gain most of their fan base playing free shows at mid day in disneyland. they have an old purple woodie replica, that pulls around a purple trailer with drum sets and amps, and they would all dance around with their whole choreographed routine while the drummer and bassist stood on the trailer and backed up the sloppy ass music. the guitarist isn't actually all that bad though.
Quote by meltinjohn
OMG that was the same ****ing show I went to in St Petersburg. What city did you see it in and when?

in fort laduerdale....
did against all authority played in st petersburg too?
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by vlp_dope
in fort laduerdale....
did against all authority played in st petersburg too?

Yes AAA did play in St Pete. I'm 15 miles frm St Pete. I heard Lauderdale was a kick ass place to be tho.
I can't be a fan of AAA tho, their ok but not a pick of mine or nothing.
Patent Pending is out there that they are pop punk...and pop punk and emo are two completely different genres. When MC Lars bashes stuff, he is joking. I don't know how anyone would take anything he says in a song seriously. Also, I saw Suburban Legends a few months ago but honestly I don't even remember what they were like. They were probably alright then.

With that said, I am not a fan of threads made for bashing. If you don't like something, talk about what you think is awesome!
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.