Page 1 of 2
I see alot of people bashing fender on UG and i think there t**ds. cmon fender is one of the leading brands and one of the quality brands. so why do these 13 year old MCR wannabies bash fender.. what are your thoughts
i think you're seeing wrong, many people here appreciate fender.

EDIT: meant for threadstsrter
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
Probably cause most people have never actualy played a really nice Fender just played shit Squires and assumed Fender's were the same. Hell, I hated Fender's until I played a super expensive Strat.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Because they aren't a Gibson.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Fenders are pretty inconsistant in my experience. I've played some good ones and some crappy ones. But if you try before you buy (only a retard wouldn't) ya can't really go wrong. I want me a sunburst strat with a maple neck pronto.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
because they are too popular and everyone thinks they are godlike so everyone else wants to be "different" and not like them without trying them.. although they are exactly the same as the other people who do that so its just retarded if you ask me
Because everyone on here is worthless and listens to metal/death metal. They all use B.C. Rich ... SIGH.

oh ya... and because they aren't a gibson.
Oh yeah, they're standard body shape get's old after awhile, gimme a Les Paul or and SG
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
i can't stand gibson. i love fender. great guitars. greater amps. most of the people here though are just a bunch of metalheads that want les pauls and marshalls and think anything without a humbucker pickup with the gain on 10 is just quaint.
#DTWD
Quote by BBell
Because everyone on here is worthless and listens to metal/death metal. They all use B.C. Rich ... SIGH.

yeah the fact that they arent gibsons is kin of a good point

although just because gibsons are better doesnt mean fenders suck, im getting one in a few months even though i already have a gibson
Quote by \-Rock-Star-/
cuz you can't play hard rock on them.

Yngwie Malmsteen freaking shreds on them.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
I actually really like the strat sound, I'm considering buying one provided that I can find something I really like.
fenders have the best part of guitar which goes above everything including looks, style, action...ect

It has character and passion with the best sweet sound that can ever be heard.
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Quote by primusfan
i can't stand gibson. i love fender. great guitars. greater amps. most of the people here though are just a bunch of metalheads that want les pauls and marshalls and think anything without a humbucker pickup with the gain on 10 is just quaint.

Quote by Alter-Bridge
Because they aren't a Gibson.

There ya go.

I find Fender shit guitars, but amazing for playing slide on, while Gibson are amazing guitars, they are shit for playing slide on. That's my personal taste anyway.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by \-Rock-Star-/
cuz you can't play hard rock on them.

iron maiden?

strats?

i think so
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
totally different sound...

i dont think i'd buy a gibson... seen heaps of gibsons, only played a couple never owned one.

Was in a big guitar store last year, they had about 15 gibsons... and about 4 LP standards... All 4 of them seemed to have the same knot in the maple top at the same place.... they looked identical but in different colours so that seemed a bit fishy and yes they were real gibson USA's...

but yeah i prefer fender and strat like guitars in general... i guess gibsons are a bit more 'balls to the walls' but theres still something about fenders and just brighter sounding guitats in general...

oh yeah and the general thing about em on here i do believe is because the majority of people on here are metalheads... and its easier and stock to get high gain from a gibson...

like look around some other forums, and you'll find tonnes of fender players... which dont play shrilling hi-gain, but play stuff that isnt all powerchords in general and is actually harder to play... might not be as fun to play by yaself but in a band and ya laughin...

ps any South aussies after a band PM me lol
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Last edited by rockstar_jones at Feb 18, 2007,
Quote by rockstar_jones
totally different sound...

i dont think i'd buy a gibson... seen heaps of gibsons, only played a couple never owned one.

Was in a big guitar store last year, they had about 15 gibsons... and about 4 LP standards... All 4 of them seemed to have the same knot in the maple top at the same place.... they looked identical but in different colours so that seemed a bit fishy and yes they were real gibson USA's...

but yeah i prefer fender and strat like guitars in general... i guess gibsons are a bit more 'balls to the walls' but theres still something about fenders and just brighter sounding guitats in general...

indeed, the reason im getting a fender is because it sounds different to gibsons
Yeah as this was stated before, people hate them for their popularity amongst novice guitarists and such. Also because they don't have humbuckers. Personally I love my Fender, although a mexican made model.
666 BRO
sorry to add something else in here in such a short time, but fenders playing gainy music and what not can kind of be unique sounding in my oppinion.. so some of u gibson lovers try playing a strat on your settings and try learning that it will sound "good" or a bit more individual than a warm sounding guitar...

oh and i believe humbuckers and a warm sounding guitar will make you sound better than you are... along with gain... try getting some singles or lighter humbuckers and try playing something on clean.... which is what i'm currently doing... playing stuff on clean and getting away from metal... as around here noone wants a pub band that distorts the walls off..
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
I dont like fenders cause to get a really good one you have to pay A LOT
and i cant afford that!

Id rather just stick to my Corts, great sound, really consistant and so much cheaper!
Quote by MarchOfEternity
Oh, and azza, you're a pretty good writer! Graybass is a god amongst men and you're turning real quick to be his new messiah lol.

Quote by graybass_20x6
You're doing good, mate.

Keep up the good work.

I'll take A for $500, Alex.
When i was checking out new guitars, the Showmaster QMT was one of the ones I was considering. The only reason I didn't get it was cause it was 50 bucks over than what my cheapo dad would let me use. It outperformed the Ibanez RG2EX by at least 2 times. I loved it. =( There was nice low action (REALLY low) nice tremelo system, bends were like a hot knife through butter. Damn that thing was nice.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by BBell

you sad sorry pathetic ignorant fool not only does metal pwn you but you try to stereotype it by guitar brand? how about Zakk Wylde .. gibson.. and if you dont consider BLS metal youre ****ing retarded
Quote by WaveCaster97
you sad sorry pathetic ignorant fool not only does metal pwn you but you try to stereotype it by guitar brand? how about Zakk Wylde .. gibson.. and if you dont consider BLS metal youre ****ing retarded

I'm not bashing metal when I say this, but you have to admit that the genre metal is usually associated with four guitar brands, Jackson, ESP, Ibanez, and B.C. Rich. I'm not saying those are the only four brands used in metal, but a good percent of metal bands use those.
666 BRO
Last edited by Kankuro at Feb 18, 2007,
Quote by Kankuro
I'm not bashing metal when I say this, but you have to admit that the genre metal is usually associated with three guitar brands, Jackson, Ibanez, and B.C. Rich. I'm not saying those are the only three brands used in metal, but a good percent of metal bands use those.

kankuro speaketh the truth^^^

anyway fenders are great guitars, whether or not you like them just depends on your musical style

/thread
Oh yeah, and i just dont like the way they play

I love my Corts

No offense to fender, just not me!
Quote by MarchOfEternity
Oh, and azza, you're a pretty good writer! Graybass is a god amongst men and you're turning real quick to be his new messiah lol.

Quote by graybass_20x6
You're doing good, mate.

Keep up the good work.

I'll take A for $500, Alex.
Buttsecks?
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
Quote by Kankuro
I'm not bashing metal when I say this, but you have to admit that the genre metal is usually associated with four guitar brands, Jackson, ESP, Ibanez, and B.C. Rich. I'm not saying those are the only four brands used in metal, but a good percent of metal bands use those.

lol was about to post and say id agree more if you added ESP then i double checked to make sure i wasnt gonna say something retarded from anything i misread and sure enough you edited it to add them lol so fine ill agree.. but Bbell is still an idiot
Quote by guywithtoaster
your in depth answer will be used for the greater cause

What is this cause?
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
Quote by WaveCaster97
lol was about to post and say id agree more if you added ESP then i double checked to make sure i wasnt gonna say something retarded from anything i misread and sure enough you edited it to add them lol so fine ill agree.. but Bbell is still an idiot

Agreed
666 BRO
Page 1 of 2