Hey, I have a Vox AD50VT and when I was playing it with a bit of gain it had a very high pitched feedback type screeching sound whenever I played a note. It wasn't a blaring noise, just kind of light and in the background.

I checked the chord, that wasn't the problem. I have an American Strat SSS.

Does anybody have any idea how I could fix this?
Don't take your hands off the strings, even when you're not playing. Don't sit with your pick up's facing the amp. Having your gain too high can cause screeching even if you're not doing any of those things.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Maybe because they're single coils? I'm unno. Just throwing out a theory.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by abcdboy
Maybe because they're single coils? I'm unno. Just throwing out a theory.

That's a good reason, along with bad shielding/grounding and playing in a room with lots of electrical interference. Are you playing in a room with CRT monitors, older TV's or fluoro's by any chance?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
It is Vox after all, it could be just your amp telling you how awesome it is
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'
Don't take your hands off the strings, even when you're not playing. Don't sit with your pick up's facing the amp. Having your gain too high can cause screeching even if you're not doing any of those things.

Ok, I tested, and the screeching seems to be gone. I think it was about me and my proximity to the amp, and like you said, facing the amp. About the hands off the strings part, the only time I heard the screeching was when I was playing, not during the pauses.

Quote by the_random_hero
That's a good reason, along with bad shielding/grounding and playing in a room with lots of electrical interference. Are you playing in a room with CRT monitors, older TV's or fluoro's by any chance?

Well, I am in my bedroom, but everythings turned off. And, although my SSS strat does produce noise, I doubt it was producing this.

Thanks guys.
i cant get any squeal through my vox AD50VT even when i want it. I can put my guitar directly infront of my vox, facing it, and i get no noise (and the NR is off)

this seems like a very odd problem that i dont think is to do with the amp, because it never happens to me even when i try - i do play through humbuckers though.