I just had an idea about having a BPOTM on this bass forum. So once a month you could pick a bass player- from Flea to Rob Trujillo- any 'famous' bassist and write stuff about this player. You could write about the bands he/she have been in, what bass they mostly use, what techniques they mostly used and recommended songs by the artist.

I don't have any ideas about which bass player to choose this month so someone can do it if they have ideas.

What does everyone think of this idea?
signature
I like the idea, i'd be willing to one on Duff Mckagan if the mods think it's a good idea.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Ok forcemaster you get to the first month, like you said, providing the mods approve the idea.
signature
Well, its not really a new idea. We've had them in the past and suggested them recently in the *ahem* Rules and New Forum Plan thread.

But it'd be nice to get it going again, so thanks for this thread. I've got one on Dave Allen 75% completed and can finish it whenever - if you'd rather, Forcemaster, I can go first.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle
Well, its not really a new idea. We've had them in the past and suggested them recently in the *ahem* Rules and New Forum Plan thread.

But it'd be nice to get it going again, so thanks for this thread. I've got one on Dave Allen 75% completed and can finish it whenever - if you'd rather, Forcemaster, I can go first.

yeah, sure, go ahead, it'll take me a while to compile it all together anyway.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2