The new Fuzz pedal looks cool. And I might look into that Dyna Drive instead of getting a SD-1 afer I get new PU.

Edit: "89.99 - nah, guess I'm sticking to the SD-1.
Last edited by AdamDK at Feb 18, 2007,
Damn, those pedals all seem crappy.
Fuzz: COSM Fuzz? Why?
Metal Core: I can't imagine this one being that different from the Metal Zone, or any other 'metal' pedal.
Dyna Drive: That sounds like any decent overdrive pedal, or even just amp.
Fender amp-models: Again, I'm no fan of COSM, so I don't expect these to be very good.

These pedals all seem to be aimed at the younger, less knowledgeable customers.
Yeah, im not a huge fan of the COSM distortion on my ME-50, the only ones i liked are the rat, the BD-2 and some of the OD's, but the effects rule. But being single pedals, these might sound better.
I had kraaaazy idea the other day.....

If you used a dyna-drive on top of a resonably distorted amp for solos it might let you get more "expression" from your solo without loosing all the gain completely..... but I'm not willing to spend the money to find out.
Quote by sam i am
I had kraaaazy idea the other day.....

If you used a dyna-drive on top of a resonably distorted amp for solos it might let you get more "expression" from your solo without loosing all the gain completely..... but I'm not willing to spend the money to find out.

Just don't touch the volume knob to not lose any gain.
Quote by mr_hankey

Just don't touch the volume knob to not lose any gain.

nooo thats not what i meant... i guess i didnt explain it well....

Erm, During a solo it would be cool if you could use the Dyna-Drive because then you could dig in and get more gain on some parts but then play lightly on other parts allowing you more "expression".

However, when playing lightly on the Dyna-Drive the sound is practically clean, which is no good for solos.

So, by putting the Dyna-Drive on top of a distorted amp it allows you the same fluctuations in gain whilst maintaing a reasonable amount of gain and sustain.

Well that's my idea. Its not as crazy as i first thought though.
Quote by sam i am
nooo thats not what i meant... i guess i didnt explain it well....

Erm, During a solo it would be cool if you could use the Dyna-Drive because then you could dig in and get more gain on some parts but then play lightly on other parts allowing you more "expression".

However, when playing lightly on the Dyna-Drive the sound is practically clean, which is no good for solos.

So, by putting the Dyna-Drive on top of a distorted amp it allows you the same fluctuations in gain whilst maintaing a reasonable amount of gain and sustain.

Well that's my idea. Its not as crazy as i first thought though.

That's exactly what a tube amp does, no need for any pedals there.
If the Dyna Amp pedal is anything like the setting on my Cube, it'll be useless.

I've never used it. Basically, you play soft you get clean, you dig in to the strings and it's massively distorted (similar distortion to the R-Fier mode), it's ridiculous.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
if you ask me, boss needs to stop putting out niche market pedals (i.e. a "metal core" pedal that'll only really appeal to teenage Killswitch Engage fans) and start reissuing the pedals that lots of players want but can't afford the $300 vintage/original price tag. i wanna see boss reissue the DC-2, DC-3, FZ-2, VB-2, CE-1, DM-2, SG-1, and SP-1. behringer's already hopped on idea and are recreating their "own" versions of each of the pedals i just mentioned!