yea does any 1 know how good the Ashdown Fallen Angel 60w Tube Combo 2x12 inch is, any 1 had any experience with it? thanks
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
I hear it's alright, espcially if you look at the price. I havn't had personal experiences, but people do reccomend them, I say look into it!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Excellent for the money.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
kk thanks has any 1 had any hands on experience with it?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Ah yes. I've had an eye on this amp as well recently.
Steven Seagull, do you think this amp could do shred, and instrumental rock well?
You havent played much of that in your soundclips. How would pinch harmonics and sweeps and legato sound?
Thanks.
Shaafi Shaikh
Ah yes.
I've had my eye on this amp as well recently.
Steven seagull, do you think it could do shred and instrumental rock/metal well? Would it need an overdrive pedal? You havent played any of that stuff in your soundclips. How would sweep picking and legato and pinch harmonics sound?
Thanks
Shaafi Shaikh
That's because I can't shred for shit

It's got a fairly dark voicing overall, but it's responsive and the midrange is clear and doesn't muddy things up. To get a really smooth tone a bit of help outboard OD or booster helps, buy hey, Vai has his DS1 and Satch has his Tubescreamer so it's nothing to be ashamed of! I can get a really good early Vai tone with the OD3 - the onboard reverb is a bit pants though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
how are the general tones for thrash, death metal, metalcore and metal?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Ah thanks alot. I like early Vai tone. What about legato and pinch harmonics? Would it have enough gain with an OD to pronounce them well and long enough?
So youre in the UK, and ashdown is also British right? Are they cheaper in britain or the US?
Shaafi Shaikh
Stick an OD in front of it and it'll sustain forever, harmonics come out fine. Dunno about meatlcore etc - I don't listen to that kind of stuff, but it responds well to overdrive and distortion pedals so it shouldn't be a problem, just don't stick crap like a Metal Zone through it!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

ordered mine yesterday thanks to the great advive i got here, especially from steven seagull and those great demos. Thanks a bunch......unfortunatly i've got a metal zone, is there anyway to get a decent tone out of it with that? Also they will be ok for bedroom practice right??? not too loud? (im getting the 60watt one)
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Last edited by Redstar5wp at Feb 23, 2007,
60 watt tube you'll be able to gig with it no problem!
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
You can use it in the bedroom, but you'll have to have the volume at around 3%, as you get past 1/4 the words "earth" and "shattering" come to mind. Luckily there's independent channel volumes and twin switchable master volumes so it's not too much bother. You might find you don't need the Metal Zone, but if you want to give it a go turn the gain way down on the pedal and keep the midrange fairly high, then run it through the amps distortion channel with the channel gain around 1/4 or 1/2...basically use the thing as a dirty booster, however an OD pedal works much better.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
You can use it in the bedroom, but you'll have to have the volume at around 3%, as you get past 1/4 the words "earth" and "shattering" come to mind. Luckily there's independent channel volumes and twin switchable master volumes so it's not too much bother. You might find you don't need the Metal Zone, but if you want to give it a go turn the gain way down on the pedal and keep the midrange fairly high, then run it through the amps distortion channel with the channel gain around 1/4 or 1/2...basically use the thing as a dirty booster, however an OD pedal works much better.

How I use mine.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
im looking at buying one of these 40 watt versions for 600 australian bucks

is it good for powermetal? i know a stack would be much better kik ass metal amp, but i need a combo version? wat else would u recomend?
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Quote by steven seagull

Awesome, thanks!
PEDALZ
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Quote by Metal_Injection
im looking at buying one of these 40 watt versions for 600 australian bucks

is it good for powermetal? i know a stack would be much better kik ass metal amp, but i need a combo version? wat else would u recomend?

anyone help? want to get a tone similiar to Edguy, Angra or Rhapsody out of one
thanks
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
I've been looking at this amp online. How is the clean channel. I like to use some chorus and maybe a little reverb for that crystal clear chime. Will it be able to get the job done?
I find the clean channel is excellent-comes with some great built in chorus and reverb too
PEDALZ
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100