Hmmmmm well basicly I need a decent all tube amp for around £400.. maybe less or maybe more. Not too bothered about what watt it is.
I play death/black/thrash type metal so it'd need to do those well, but I'd also like it to be able to do nice accoustic/clean Opeth type interludes and stuff like that.

Any reccomendationssss?
hmm, you'l find it tough to find a good tube amp that will do metal for that price. Solid state tend to be much more high gain than tube
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Hmm.. I knew it wasn't going to be the easiest thing seeing as I haven't got THAT much to spend but.. what about an Ashdown Fallen Angel half stack? anyone know about these?
If you really need that much gain, just get a SS amp.

You'll need alot more cash for an amp with alot of gain but also has good cleans.

Try a Fender Hot Rod, They go for around £450'ish I think.

You'll need pedals to get the gain for it though,
It's cleans are amazing though.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by CyanideChris
Hmm.. I knew it wasn't going to be the easiest thing seeing as I haven't got THAT much to spend but.. what about an Ashdown Fallen Angel half stack? anyone know about these?

I hear bad and good things about these.. a lot of people say they sound great, you should try one out, thats the only way to know. I don't particularly like Ashdown as a brand though, my friend has a bass stack and it's flimsy and badly designed
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
maybe check out some Randall stuff
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Try and swing a used 5150 combo off Ebay
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
If you really need that much gain, just get a SS amp.

You'll need alot more cash for an amp with alot of gain but also has good cleans.

Try a Fender Hot Rod, They go for around £450'ish I think.

You'll need pedals to get the gain for it though,
It's cleans are amazing though.

He wants to play metal and you're recommending a valve amp with the most pathetic OD channel out there. Even with Overdrive pedals it'll be no good IMO.

TS JCM800 and JCM900 combo's go for £400 on ebay all the time. The JCM800 will ideally need an OD pedal to kick it into higher gain territory but just turning the volume up will get it to throw out some decent gain.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
Quote by pity tha' foo'
He wants to play metal and you're recommending a valve amp with the most pathetic OD channel out there. Even with Overdrive pedals it'll be no good IMO.

TS JCM800 and JCM900 combo's go for £400 on ebay all the time. The JCM800 will ideally need an OD pedal to kick it into higher gain territory but just turning the volume up will get it to throw out some decent gain.

An 800 would do thrash well, but im not too sure about black/death metal. He'd need something voiced darker.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Ah, didn't see the bit about genre's, just read 'metal'. A used 5150 combo off the 'bay should do the trick.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
Thanks for everyone's input so far, I'll give some of these amps a shot whenever I'm next in a guitar store & also keep a lookout for them on ebay (Y)
Try a use Peavey 5150/XXX/JSX off of eBay.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Since you are in the UK check out the Laney LC series. If you're looking on ebay, also look out for the Laney GH50L.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.