I just wanted to be 100% sure, but are there any instances of step down converters on US plugs damaging tube amps in anyway, whether it be circuitry, tubes etc.?

This may seem like a noobish question, but I just wanted to find out, thanks.

I've been offered a really good deal, and am tempted, but didn't want to waste my money on an amp that will die and/or kill me when plugged in.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

It will work. The converter won't do you harm if it functions correctly. If you've got rack gear and AC powered fx run them all off the same converter as the amp.

Ron
^thanks for the help but I preferably need a converter from the UK due to postage costs etc., do you have any similar websites?

Quote by ETHANEVIL

no, its not the power that will hurt it, as ssoon as you bring the amp across the boarder, it will spontanusly combust....im serious, dont do it!
UG's HIPPIE
Yes good quality step down converters work well.

How do you think bands tour over seas? Do you honestly think they buy new amps for every country?
If you can vary the voltage of the amp with a switch on board, then you would have no worries just replacing the US 3 prong female plug with a UK one, as long as it used that kind of power cable.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by kaplac
Yes good quality step down converters work well.

How do you think bands tour over seas? Do you honestly think they buy new amps for every country?

I never thought of that actually, I thought some bands rent gear?

+thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it.

Quote by ETHANEVIL