Poll: What is "THE" Metal guitar company for you guys?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is "THE" Metal guitar company for you guys?
ESP
35 43%
Jackson
28 35%
B.C. Rich
6 7%
Dean
12 15%
Voters: 81.
Page 1 of 2
What is "THE" Metal Guitar Company for you guys?

Note: At the very least, you can only vote if you have tried 3-4 of these companies out and have compared them with each other. Don't say Jacksons are the best when they're the only one's you've played. I only want to hear from experienced players. No newbies pls.

Things to consider:

Feel & tone

Attitude/Character of Sound

Shape/Look of the Headstock

Road Worthy?

Sound maturity with age

Attention to Detail

Quality of Lower-Priced models

Consistency of Quality

Inovation
Why only 4 guitar companies? Where's the 'other' option?
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
ESP or Gibson, all though ESP is more metal-attitude-looking-BBQ.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
BC Rich look the most metal, but they usually suck from the ones I've tried.

Jackson & ESP are both damn fine set up companies.

I'd still prefer a Gibson though.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I like Dean, even though I've never played a real ESP, only LTDs. The LTDs are good, but they can't replace the quality of my Dean.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
Let me point out:
BC Rich. Low and mid end suck, not high end.
Ibanez. Don't suck, Noone gives a reason for disliking I'm guessing its cos they're popular.
ESPs. Over expensive and the low end sucks
Jacksons. Low end arent good but higher and mid end are good with reasonale prices.
Dean. Should change their name to DIME as thats all you're going to get.
Just so people realise, there's no such thing as a low end ESP. LTD and ESP are not the same. BC Rich mid level and lower level models are pretty crap IMO but the high end guitars and the old 80's/early 90's guitars they put out are great.

EDIT: Wow, that Monson is a hideous piece of shit. Looks as bad as that new BC Rich thing.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
Quote by Sneaky4894
1) Their's a place for it to rest on your leg, so it's not like every other V and falls off, and won't rip you apart.
2) Who the hell plays a flying V sitting down?

Playing a flying V is like taking a piss. If you sit down, you have no balls.

Well maybe when you're recording, when you're just having a small play while on the computer/watchign TV, maybe at a guitar lesson?

I've owned a V and I know when to sit down and stand up with one.
I dislike Deans, and the razorback would probably cost 300-400£ if Dime didn't die. The other Dean models are good for the price, but are not as good as other manufacturers. Esp or Jackson for me!
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by Sneaky4894
1) Their's a place for it to rest on your leg, so it's not like every other V and falls off, and won't rip you apart.
2) Who the hell plays a flying V sitting down?

Playing a flying V is like taking a piss. If you sit down, you're doing it wrong.

you get a wing for a v, thats how you play it sitting down.
jackson, do doubt. the easiest to play.

and why isn't ibanez up there?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
FEnder Customshop
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by Sneaky4894
Never seen a wing of that sort. I personally wouldn't be caught dead with one of those things Lol.... W/e suites you, I guess.

thats why you take it off when you play standing up.
From that list, ESP all the way. But I'd prefer Gibson probably, and Ibanez comes close too. But ESP are amazing for metal.
schecter
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Ibanez. It's not the looks, it's the playability and tone, and Ibanez owns everybody else in that department IMO...

Who else would bet that Ibanez is the 3rd most well known guitar company behind Gibson and Fender?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
ESP>all other guitars
Quote by Sun Child
I LOVE YOU

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by :.RaZoRbAcK.:
I prefer deans, mainly because im obsessed with Dimebag, but also because of the great squealy tone, the shape, and simple shredablilty Also, you forgot the mavericks!!!

www.maverickguitars.com

but...mavericks arent very good...

if i had £1 for everytime i've seen a thread like this, i'd have a something like £15 by now...
This is a horrible thread created by horrible people with taste in guitars and so forth...

Dean - come on, only the high end USA one is good but u can get a better guitar with that money 3000 bucks hell no go custom nigga!
Jackson - Good weapon of choice, if you get the USA models you'll cream your pants
ESP - Better quality than Jackson *especially the ones only in Japan*, but you could also say equally good with jackson.
Ibanez (not included) - Ultimate shred guitar, people dissing them probably because they got the rg370 and slit their wrists cuz of the tremelo. Go high end!

Basically mostly Jackson,ESP, and Ibanez are THe Metal Guitar CompaNIES. There is no nr.1..., plus omfg stfu with Gibson, yes it can do metal cuz of the humbuckers but we are talking about THE Metal Guitar Companies.

LTD is different from ESP, ESP only makes high end guitars where some people work their asses off to afford one unlike people with LTD letting their parents buy them one that says "oh made by ESP YESS" .... wow.... thats great and then saying your ESP rocks.... even though LTD's are not bad they dont have the quality like ESP has.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Basically mostly here people on UG could or atleast try to sell the extra shit gear some people have and actually get a job and work for one.

But im also trying to get this ignorance out of the way with naming LTD and ESP which is a piss off...

Oh btw i just read the first page too of the thread.....so.... lol :p
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by El Codyo
BlackMachine.

Quote by Qazxs
Quote by sylent
, plus omfg stfu with Gibson, yes it can do metal cuz of the humbuckers but we are talking about THE Metal Guitar Companies.

as far as im concerned the Gibson SG is THE metal guitar.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
as far as im concerned the Gibson SG is THE metal guitar.
With a fat, slow neck? ;d
Quote by MrCarrot
With a fat, slow neck? ;d

i can play faster on a gibson SG than i can on an Ibanez, of course it helps that with the gibsons i dont feel like im going to snap the neck in half by playing too hard

Last.fm
Fair enough, but if 40-60kg of string tension doesn't break a neck you're not going to by playing it, are you.
probably not but those super thin necks just feel really flimsy, and they cause my hand to cramp up.

Last.fm
How's about none of those, as far as I'm concerned the best metal guitar I've ever played was a LAG with EMGs in it, that thing was f*cking awesome!
Page 1 of 2