Ok, I'm gonna buy an Ibanez, but I've no idea about all the models. I mean, it's easy with Fender: Telecaster, Startocaster, Jaguar etc. But Ibanez model names are weird, so I need your help!

I play mostly heavy shit, but it's very important that this guitar plays well regardless of the genre, so I want an Ibanez that's got a good clean tone and good open chords tone. I ain't restricted with the budget but something around 300-400 bucks will do.

Also, maybe there's another brand you would recommend for heavy stuff?

Thanks!
for rent
I'd recommend the RG1570 with a pup swap.

Another brand you might wanna consider is ESP or Schecter...
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
But ESPs start from 1000 bucks, right?

And how much will the pup swap cost me? Can they do it right when I purchase my guitar?
for rent
Was that such a bad question that it only deserved 2 replies? Thanks to you two guys!!!
for rent
I'd also recommend an Ibanez RG321MH and if you have enough money left a pickup swap. If you were willing to import from America then I'd recommend the Ibanez RG3EXQM1. Unfortunately it's a musiciansfriend exclusive...
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
By 300-400 bucks, is that Russian currency or (whatever)? Are guitars more expensive in Russia or nay?
No, I mean American Dollars, you know, with all the Presidents and all...

I dunno, they're about the same price here as they are elsewhere.
for rent
For 300 or 400 the RG321MH is pretty much al you can go for new
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
rg321 or if you can stretch your wallet a little a s320
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Quote by Guitarislife125
RG321MH + EMG swap

/thread

Wow, that's one sexy guitar!!! If I ever get bored of my girlfriend... Hehe
for rent
Hrm. It's a little bit more of an investment, but you might want to consider an Iceman (IC400). Iceman necks are smooth and thin, which is great for fast playing... they have a fairly deep, aggressive tone, which is great if you're keen on heavy distortion, though they offer a nice, warm sound when played clean (particularly using the neck pickup with tone dialled down low). They're relatively lightweight (though not as much as an Ibanez S) and very versatile: like LPs, they have two volume/tone controls and a The upper frets (past 20) are a little hard to access, though, due to the odd design, and I haven't noticed a spot for a tremolo arm. Two further disadvantages are that the strap pegs are oddly oriented, so unless you really explore and invest in a good strap, you may find that the guitar swings out a bit when playing standing up, rather than hugging your body. Also, when the neck pickup's selected, and you're playing chords with heavy distortion, the sound is a little muddy, though the tone for single notes/soloing is fantastic, even with stock pickups. The body's really shiny, which looks nice, but acts as a fingerprint magnet, so you'll need to polish it up once in a while (I think this probably applies to all high-gloss finishes, though).

Hope that helped.