Page 1 of 3
well i'm goin on my first serious date soon and i was wondering if any of you guys have any weird/funny/bizarre first date stories.share...
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Don't pay for her on the first date. Don't do cliche shit. Be spontaneous. Don't be a pussy. Keep her interested in the conversation and don't discuss shit like weather, school, homework, etc.
Quote by Archaon
Don't pay for her on the first date. Don't do cliche shit. Be spontaneous. Don't be a pussy. Keep her interested in the conversation and don't discuss shit like weather, school, homework, etc.

And the easiest way to keep converstation is to let her do the talking... ask questions, seem interested... but also do some talking too.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
i disagree i think you should pay for her on the first date
but i agree about what he said about conversation stuff
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Kiss her. Do it. It releives the akwardness of not doing it.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by Lgndkllr777
And the easiest way to keep converstation is to let her do the talking... ask questions, seem interested... but also do some talking too.

EXACTLY!

Ask her questions, let her talk about herself, make yourself seem interested.
Keep the conversation on a personal level rather than a neutral or platonic one. Try to be exciting and mysterious and not boring. Then do not be afraid to escalate, and do not hesitate when you do so. By escalating, I mean taking it to the next level.
Quote by Archaon
Don't pay for her on the first date.

Pff to you.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by pooch0072
Keep the conversation on a personal level rather than a neutral or platonic one. Try to be exciting and mysterious and not boring. Then do not be afraid to escalate, and do not hesitate when you do so. By escalating, I mean taking it to the next level.

My most famous nickname is actually "Pooch" or "The Pooch"
Quote by fronkpies
Pff to you.

Pff to you FACE.

First date should be a way for them to get to know each other. He shouldn't act like the girl is doing him a favor for going out with him.
Last edited by Archaon at Feb 18, 2007,
Tell her sexual annecdotes.

Specificly this one from Dan Savage, and it goes something like this: "When I was younger, my brother told me a blow job was when a guy blew air into a woman's vagina to prepare it for sex. I went years believeing this. Imagine my surprise the first time a guy offered me a blow job"

But seriously, just be nice to her, treat her like she's something special, and if you do anything to her (holding her hand, putting your arm around her, that kinda stuff), ask her first, and don't kiss her until the end of the night, unless she kisses you.

Make sure you dress yourself up nice. I'm not talking a shirt and tie, I'm talking about clean and ironed clothes, deoderant, shave if you've got those random teenager hairs on your face, maybe even get your mom to pluck your eyebrows.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Archaon

it's... how it's done...

@Will_Minus: Be a doormat basically?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Be confident. Simple.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Alot of common sense has already been said so i'll share a brief version of my story.
I was nervous but i talked and for some odd reason she was interested and yeah she offered to let me come over to "watch" some family guy, which is a mood killer btw lol. But yeah i got lucky because i'm really noobish when it comes to dating.
Wow that was lame....uhm....just act natural and don't try anything stupid (unless she does) until the end of the night. And please for the love of god don't yawn and put your arm around her....
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer, the future is uncertain and the end is always near. - The Doors, Roadhouse Blues
Ask for a root. If she says no and is offended, just say you were double checking she wasn't a slut.
Shadilay.
Quote by Archaon

Pff to you FACE.

First date should be a way for them to get to know each other. He shouldn't act like the girl is doing him a favor for going out with him.

Leave my face alone

No girl thinks that paying for a meal is a way of the man saying "thanks, im desperate" its just common courtesy.
Quote by fronkpies
Leave my face alone

No girl thinks that paying for a meal is a way of the man saying "thanks, im desperate" its just common courtesy.

You're subcommunicating that you need to pay for her time, like all the other men she's dated.
Quote by Kensai
You're subcommunicating that you need to pay for her time, like all the other men she's dated.

what a load of shit.

And I suppose your also never going to hold a door open for her incase she thinks your calling her a prostitute?
Quote by fronkpies
what a load of shit.

And I suppose your also never going to hold a door open for her incase she thinks your calling her a prostitute?

You're missing the point and making huge exaggerations
Quote by Kensai
You're missing the point and making huge exaggerations

No Im not, your saying that if you pay for the first date its sending out the message that your paying for her time, when in the real world people don't think like that, they just think its a nice gesture, simple as.
Quote by fronkpies
what a load of shit.

There's a difference between common courtesy and paying for her meal, movie, whatever. I hold the door open for anyone, lady or gent. The first date should be about getting to know each other, not paying for her time.

Quote by morbid_death
Ask for a root. If she says no and is offended, just say you were double checking she wasn't a slut.

( x rofl) / lmao
Quote by Will_Minus
But seriously, just be nice to her, treat her like she's something special, and if you do anything to her (holding her hand, putting your arm around her, that kinda stuff), ask her first, and don't kiss her until the end of the night, unless she kisses you.

Do the opposite of all of this. Well, be nice...but who asks for a kiss? And don't wait til the end of the night to kiss her, just go for it because there's nothing more awkward than when you both know that you wanna kiss eachother but you don't because you've left it too long.

EDIT: at risk of sounding like a total meathead...just act like a man about the whole thing. Don't be overly sensitive/effeminate and ask her before you do anything. And don't be an arrogant prick that won't pay for her either.
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
Last edited by jase_connor at Feb 18, 2007,
Quote by fronkpies
No Im not, your saying that if you pay for the first date its sending out the message that your paying for her time, when in the real world people don't think like that, they just think its a nice gesture, simple as.

There's a different between nice gestures and paying for her time
I once gave a girl a pie, but she was allergic to it, so she never saw me again.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by morbid_death

lol... you must be Australian, I love that slang.

My friend moved from Canada to Australia... and brought a bunch of Roots clothing with her (Canadian company, if you didn't know).

Needless to say, she got some interesting looks wearing a sweater saying "Roots Kids" on it.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Quote by Kensai
There's a different between nice gestures and paying for her time

Paying for someones meal Isnt the same as paying for there time, paying for there time would be saying "I'll give you £30 if you come out with me tonight" saying "No let me get this" Isnt paying for her time, its being nice.

Why are people finding it hard to believe that you can be nice and get to know them at the same time.
Quote by fronkpies
Paying for someones meal Isnt the same as paying for there time, paying for there time would be saying "I'll give you £30 if you come out with me tonight" saying "No let me get this" Isnt paying for her time, its being nice.

Why are people finding it hard to believe that you can be nice and get to know them at the same time.

So why don't chicks ever pay for the man's meal? It's sexist.
Quote by fronkpies

To a woman who's being offered dinner all the time for a date, it's just the same thing. Just go out for a coffee and a stimulating conversation, works alot better than the whole dinner thing.

Quote by fronkpies

of course you can
Quote by Archaon
So why don't chicks ever pay for the man's meal? It's sexist.

SO?

If you more concerned with the workings of sexism in the dating scene rather than showing someone a nice time then your an idiot.

so over the top political correctness

Paying for a girls meal is sexist? Once again
Quote by Xerothunder
lol... you must be Australian, I love that slang.

My friend moved from Canada to Australia... and brought a bunch of Roots clothing with her (Canadian company, if you didn't know).

Needless to say, she got some interesting looks wearing a sweater saying "Roots Kids" on it.

haha that's awesome, it would have definately turned some heads!
Shadilay.
Quote by fronkpies
SO?

If you more concerned with the workings of sexism in the dating scene rather than showing someone a nice time then your an idiot.

so over the top political correctness

Paying for a girls meal is sexist? Once again

Right, I suppose giving women equal salaries as men is also over the top political correctness, you're absolutely right.

It's ridiculous that a man must be ****ing obliged to pay for everything when they're dating. I can't believe you have such firm beliefs in this bullshit.
Quote by Archaon
Right, I suppose giving women equal salaries as men is also over the top political correctness, you're absolutely right.

It's ridiculous that a man must be ****ing obliged to pay for everything when they're dating. I can't believe you have such firm beliefs in this bullshit.

No, the fact that your so concerned with not looking sexist is a joke, is it sexist whenever I go anywhere with my mother I always pay for the coffee? No, its just a nice gesture. The fact your comparing pay rights over buying someone a meal shows how skewed your argument is. For me, women are amazing, beautiful things, and Im always going to treat them the best way I can. Now paying for dinner is nothing to me, the fact I dont have to think about it shows how unconcerned I am.

I dont hold firm beliefs in any kind of dating system, when did I ever say I did? the only argument I have is the fact you think its wrong to pay for a meal/coffee/movies or whatever else when you feel like.

I suppose valentines day is bullshit to? "Why should I have to pick one day to show how I love her?" You dont, thats the whole point, thinking that shows you always have some hidden agenda, which is horrible.
Quote by fronkpies
No, the fact that your so concerned with not looking sexist is a joke, is it sexist whenever I go anywhere with my mother I always pay for the coffee? No, its just a nice gesture. The fact your comparing pay rights over buying someone a meal shows how skewed your argument is. For me, women are amazing, beautiful things, and Im always going to treat them the best way I can. Now paying for dinner is nothing to me, the fact I dont have to think about it shows how unconcerned I am.

Your mother and a hot girl you wanna date are different... (oh god I hope so)

We're not talking about what you do now, but what someone should do in general

Quote by fronkpies
I dont hold firm beliefs in any kind of dating system, when did I ever say I did? the only argument I have is the fact you think its wrong to pay for a meal/coffee/movies or whatever else when you feel like.

That is a firm belief in the dating system...

Quote by fronkpies

I suppose valentines day is bullshit to? "Why should I have to pick one day to show how I love her?" You dont, thats the whole point, thinking that shows you always have some hidden agenda, which is horrible.

where did that come from?
Quote by fronkpies

I'm not concerned at all with not looking sexist. I brought up that point because you make it seem like it's absolutely dreadful if a woman should ever pay for her own meals and movie tickets. ****, have you ever even had a girlfriend? I'll gladly pay for a woman's meal if she's my girlfriend, wife, mother, sister, etc. But on the first ****ing date? What the hell? When I go on a date it isn't like we're girlfriend and boyfriend. It's getting to know each other and seeing if the relationship can go anywhere.

If I'm going out with a girl that I've known for a very long time and I have strong feelings for her, then yes, I will pay for her because I already know her and how wonderful she is. But if it's a first date with a chick who's number I grabbed a week or two ago from some party, then why the **** would I have to pay for everything?

Where are your ****ing testicles? Valentine's day is another commercial holiday, I wouldn't call it bullshit, but it's a little ridiculous how some people make this day seem more important in a relationship than any other day. I will celebrate it and get the girl something though, regardless of how much of a sham it is.

I am not saying that it's wrong to pay for the girl's meal. It depends entirely on the circumstance.
First date with a girl you barely know - Don't pay
Girlfriend - Pay
First date with a girl you've known for very long and you have strong feelings for eachother - Pay. Or if she's more like a friendlier relationship with the added bonus of intimacy and love, then she might pay for her own stuff.
Last edited by Archaon at Feb 18, 2007,
Quote by Kensai
Your mother and a hot girl you wanna date are different... (oh god I hope so)

We're not talking about what you do now, but what someone should do in general

Like Ive said before, for me its the same with my mother as any girl, why not pay if you feel like? The girl doesnt think "oh he's just like everyone else, wanting to pay for my drink" she just thinks "nice". Ever saw a girl you like in a bar? ever said "can I get you a drink?" you most probably have.

Quote by Kensai
That is a firm belief in the dating system...

I mean that it doesn't bother me either way, she wants to pay then fine, I dont refuse, But I dont go out with some master plan to whether or not Im going to pay for dinner like you two seem to do.

Quote by Kensai
where did that come from?

Just wanted to see what the views were on valentines day

EDIT:
Quote by Archaon
have you ever even had a girlfriend?

No.

Quote by Archaon
Where are your ****ing testicles? Valentine's day is another commercial holiday, I wouldn't call it bullshit, but it's a little ridiculous how some people make this day seem more important in a relationship than any other day. I will celebrate it and get the girl something though, regardless of how much of a sham it is

So this is all some kind of macho "look at me Im the male asserting my manliness over you woman, thats right Im a man" kind of thing? I get it.

Quote by Archaon
I am not saying that it's wrong to pay for the girl's meal. It depends entirely on the circumstance.

This I agree with, but it seems like the fact you have so much of a plan when you go on dates is laughable, maybe your over thinking things to much? I dont go out with the idea that because I haven't known someone for a certain amount of time im not going to buy them drinks or whatever. It is honestly 50/50 when it comes down to me, sometimes I do sometimes I dont.

The problem I have is that you think its such a bad thing to pay for someones tickets on a first date, trying to use the argument that you "want to get to know them rather than pay for the time" is not argument at all, because I want to get to know the girl as much as anyone, Im just doing it because, as Ive said, I love women, and I want to treat them in the best way I can.
Last edited by fronkpies at Feb 18, 2007,
Quote by fronkpies
I mean that it doesn't bother me either way, she wants to pay then fine, I dont refuse, But I dont go out with some master plan to whether or not Im going to pay for dinner like you two seem to do.

Master plan? lol

You're the one that pays for absolutely everything in the date where as we take a more subtle and less-desperate approach.
Quote by fronkpies
Like Ive said before, for me its the same with my mother as any girl, why not pay if you feel like? The girl doesnt think "oh he's just like everyone else, wanting to pay for my drink" she just thinks "nice". Ever saw a girl you like in a bar? ever said "can I get you a drink?" you most probably have.

Have you any idea of how often attractive women get asked for dates and get offered drinks? Alot, and the guy usually pays for everything on the date. I know alot of women who say that's making them uncomfortable. I just think it's a bad idea for a first date.

Quote by fronkpies

I don't go to dinner on first dates.

Quote by fronkpies

Just wanted to see what the views were on valentines day

fine, I think it's very commercial but I still do something romantic with my gf. Because I'm romantic like that.
Quote by fronkpies

So this is all some kind of macho "look at me Im the male asserting my manliness over you woman, thats right Im a man" kind of thing? I get it.

No, it's a "look at me, I'm not a desperate little pussy and I treat woman like human beings rather than like objects that are required to be paid for" kind of thing. No offense,
This I agree with, but it seems like the fact you have so much of a plan when you go on dates is laughable, maybe your over thinking things to much? I dont go out with the idea that because I haven't known someone for a certain amount of time im not going to buy them drinks or whatever. It is honestly 50/50 when it comes down to me, sometimes I do sometimes I dont.

I have no plans when it comes to dates. In fact, I was the one that said "Be spontaneous and not cliche", cliche is exactly what you're doing.
The problem I have is that you think its such a bad thing to pay for someones tickets on a first date, trying to use the argument that you "want to get to know them rather than pay for the time" is not argument at all, because I want to get to know the girl as much as anyone, Im just doing it because, as Ive said, I love women, and I want to treat them in the best way I can.

It's not a bad thing to pay for someone's first date, it's just stupid. I will give you a quote from a movie which I'm sure you've seen, "You're putting the pussy up on this giant pedestal" (something like that). It's as if you're admitting to being inferior just because you have a penis.

And most of my girlfriends (as in chick friends, not actual girlfriends) say that they prefer that guys don't act like pussies and pay for everything on the first date, it actually makes it uncomfortable for them. They prefer a friendlier atmosphere.
^^^ what have i walked into...?

Personally if someone pays for me on a date it's kind of like a patronising pat on the head, 'ooh so cute she thinks she can pay for herself! dont worry your silly little head, just let me get it and feel like you owe me something' I always insist on paying half for that reason. Saying that, i dont think i've ever gone on a 'first date'..... in pubs and things like that if a guy buys me a drink i'll buy him the next one so i feel like its even. That's how it should be, none of this patronising stuff.

Quote by Archaon

It's not a bad thing to pay for someone's first date, it's just stupid. I will give you a quote from a movie which I'm sure you've seen, "You're putting the pussy up on this giant pedestal" (something like that). It's as if you're admitting to being inferior just because you have a penis.

I see paying for someone as making THEM feel inferior, sort of like you can't afford to pay or you're just a silly little woman so clearly don't have as much money as mr macho who pays for everything. Guess it would work the other way around as well.
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Feb 18, 2007,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Personally if someone pays for me on a date it's kind of like a patronising pat on the head, 'ooh so cute she thinks she can pay for herself! dont worry your silly little head, just let me get it and feel like you owe me something' I always insist on paying half for that reason. Saying that, i dont think i've ever gone on a 'first date'..... in pubs and things like that if a guy buys me a drink i'll buy him the next one so i feel like its even. That's how it should be, none of this patronising stuff.

There you go fronk.
Game. Set. Match.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Thx for proving my point mistress!
Page 1 of 3