Im going to be saving up for a compleatly net set of pickups for my carvin soon. Its a HSS setup, and while there is nothing wrong with the current ones the tone if just not my style. The bridge is a little to hot, the neck and middle a little to weak. I'm going to be getting seymour duncans, because out of all the guitars with all the pickups seymours have always impressed me the most.

My influences range from:
Sex pistols
Jimi Hendrix
Misfits
Black Sabbath
G'n'R
Velvet Revolver
Nirvana
Clapton
Eric Johnson
Rush
Dead Kennedys
Satch
Vai
Frank Zappa
Cure
Crass
Fugazi
Black Flag
The Clash
Bad Religion
BB King
Albert King
Billy Joel

As ya can see I need some pickups that can do it all... So what would UG advise?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
ill assume your not doing new carvings and you still want a HSS setup? For the Humbucker, id say maybe Pearly Gates. For the two single coils, The Vintage Rails, and the Little '59.
definitely the tone zone for the bucker.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
To todd: No its a used, from around 1991-1994. I was looking at the Pearly gates, being a big ZZtop fan.

To Tuba: Isn't that a highoutput dimarzio?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
tuba's normally good with the advice, but I think the Tone Zone is a foul ball - especially given the initial problem of the bridge pickup being "too hot". Granted it's not as hot as an Evo or Super Distortion, but the overpowering midrange makes it sound a lot louder. I'd seconf the Pearly Gates recommendation for the bridge, possibly a Custom Custom.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com