So I've been having trouble with the bridge saddle for my E string. As I play, one of the screws gradually works its way out so that the saddle is touching the bridge on one side, giving it a diagonal position relative to the bass. The only thing I can do is tighten it back up every once in a while and keep going. The bass is a MIM Standard Fender P-Bass. I'm thinking the screw thread is stripped or something. I have a service plan for it, and I want to get a Badass II bridge for it eventually, but are there any easy home cures for now?
Oh Shit!
There was another guy with the same problem on an MIM fender not long ago. In short, Fender bridges suck. You could probably try glueing the little screw in but you best bet really is to fit a Badass II.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Loctite, medium strength loctite (the blue kind) and apply that to the thread and screw it back it. or you could get a Badass II
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Quote by catchy phrase
So I've been having trouble with the bridge saddle for my E string. As I play, one of the screws gradually works its way out so that the saddle is touching the bridge on one side, giving it a diagonal position relative to the bass. The only thing I can do is tighten it back up every once in a while and keep going. The bass is a MIM Standard Fender P-Bass. I'm thinking the screw thread is stripped or something. I have a service plan for it, and I want to get a Badass II bridge for it eventually, but are there any easy home cures for now?
I had a Fender Bass for 37 years and never encountered this problem, most problems with bridges/saddles are down to the user.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn