Page 1 of 18
I love this band. Each person in the band is really talented in my opinion. Discuss!...like dont like em...why?
I like Saosin, but they are appalling live.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
i thinjk they are one of the most talented emo band's.
every emo band sounds the same to me, but they change it a bit and i love the voice.
Member #? of theVIVA MEXICO CLUB

Beware of the Lawyer: the Dog is Harmless.
I'm pretty sure there are about a million threads on this band.

Either way, I love them.

Both Anthony and Cove era.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

i really love this band, but cove's lyrics pail in comparison to greenes
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
Quote by slowdescent2020
i really love this band, but cove's lyrics pail in comparison to greenes

True dat. As much as I love Cove, as someone said on here before, he does write lyrics like a 5 year old.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

i recently really got into sleepers for some reason.....dunno why.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Quote by the_astronaut
True dat. As much as I love Cove, as someone said on here before, he does write lyrics like a 5 year old.

I KNOW i'm listening to the cd and every time you can tell like there is this huge sucking sound, and thats Cove's lyrics. But he is a great singer i'll give him that, for the next album he should have greene ghost write em or something
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
I like Saosin, both Geene and Cove. But there's only a few songs on the new album that I truly love. I Never Wanted To's gotta be my favorite.
I don't know why..
I don't know why I fight for you this way.
I love the music on the new album, but I agree on the lyric sucking. He even messed with Bury your head, a song which I loved the lyrics to. The stuff they changed pissed me off.

There was another song I liked the lyrics too but then I found out the bassist wrote the words to it : /
Quote by sonixon
I love the music on the new album, but I agree on the lyric sucking. He even messed with Bury your head, a song which I loved the lyrics to. The stuff they changed pissed me off.

There was another song I liked the lyrics too but then I found out the bassist wrote the words to it : /

I KNOW they completly ass raped the lyrics lol
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
anyone notice how on the new cd every song title is just the first line of the chorus?

Not every one.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Some of the Anthony-era songs are really memorable, as in Ive listened to them dozens of times and they still deeply affect me every time I listen to them. The majority of the songs on the recent album, though good, really dont stand out that much. I still enjoy them, but Saosin seem to have become a more formulaic, mediocre band. Hopefully with the next album theyll branch out more and stop sticking to the same tired formula
i like anthony green for the fact that he has an amazing voice and can write amazing lyrics, and cove can sing pretty good too but he cant really write lyrics. but in the end im glad anthonys in circa
I'm still upset anthony left saosin

I know i'm gonna get flamed for this, but Circa Survive just doesn't do it for me
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Quote by CrashedTheShow3

I know i'm gonna get flamed for this, but Circa Survive just doesn't do it for me

What don't you like about them if you like Anthony?

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Quote by the_astronaut
What don't you like about them if you like Anthony?

i agree its just a different sound. The guitar work just seems like off like not as tight even though its crazy
Quote by CrashedTheShow3

I agree 100% Circa isn't bad but its no Translating the Name(and when I say translating the name, I basically mean Seven Years )
Quote by slowdescent2020
i agree its just a different sound. The guitar work just seems like off like not as tight even though its crazy

Really?

Am I the only person that maybe likes Circa better than Saosin...?

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Circa is the shit and saosin is the shit, Green was a much better vocalist by far, there was jsut alot more emotion in his voice, but the saosin album is sitting in my car stereo right now and im seeing them in boston in a month or so, so im pretty friken exited, havent herd much from circa, but what i have, me likey, im glad Green landed where he did.
Stay quiet...
Quote by the_astronaut
Really?

i like saosin better, but greene seems like my kind of guy( a drunk) but still like circa needs to like tone done the "lets blast theme with crazy guitar" and maybe i don't know do something different, it gets old after awhile for me atleast.
Quote by the_astronaut
Really?

No, you are not. I perfer Circa over Saosin any day.
I don't know why..
I don't know why I fight for you this way.
No way... Translating the name is my favourite Cd at the moment and has been for about a year. Then you throw in 'I can tell' and 'mookie's last christmas'... Does anyone love Mookie's last... as much as I do? It's ****ing amazing. Even more powerful when you find out what the lyrics are about. Green is much better than Cove, in voice, stage presence, energy, lyrics AND the vocal melodies (that is, if he made them). So much emotion in it, real emotion. They sound like a band that doesn't care about genre boundaries or trying to fit into a scene, they just let the music flow naturally. Green uses alot of melodies probably unconventional for emo/punk. aarrggghh rant.
Quote by Solipsism
No way... Translating the name is my favourite Cd at the moment and has been for about a year. Then you throw in 'I can tell' and 'mookie's last christmas'... Does anyone love Mookie's last... as much as I do? It's ****ing amazing. Even more powerful when you find out what the lyrics are about. Green is much better than Cove, in voice, stage presence, energy, lyrics AND the vocal melodies (that is, if he made them). So much emotion in it, real emotion. They sound like a band that doesn't care about genre boundaries or trying to fit into a scene, they just let the music flow naturally. Green uses alot of melodies probably unconventional for emo/punk. aarrggghh rant.

i don't know about the last part of your statement i mean i can pretty much peg them in a genre boundry pretty easy. But i agree with you on everything else, Mookie's last christmas is pretty awesome
I saw a video of theirs yesterday and I'd never listened to them before, for I assumed that I wouldn't like them. However, they are quite tolerable.
Quote by the_astronaut
Really?

It's just that Saosin were a little more down to earth in my opinion. Whenever I listen to a song like In Fear and Faith it gives me the feeling I'm floating though space. But when I listen to something like Lost Symphonies, I can't stop listening to it.

But lately I have been fond of The Great Golden Baby.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
as a guitar player and songwriter I like circa alot, and i have more respect for them, but i enjoy saosin's music more, i guess is what i'm trying to say.
Quote by slowdescent2020
i like saosin better, but greene seems like my kind of guy( a drunk) but still like circa needs to like tone done the "lets blast theme with crazy guitar" and maybe i don't know do something different, it gets old after awhile for me atleast.

I get what you mean, but I guess that's the reason I like them better, although Saosin's guitarwork is pretty good, I find it's pretty predicatble, if that makes sense.

Don't get me wrong though, I still love Saosin to death.
Quote by CrashedTheShow3
It's just that Saosin were a little more down to earth in my opinion. Whenever I listen to a song like In Fear and Faith it gives me the feeling I'm floating though space. But when I listen to something like Lost Symphonies, I can't stop listening to it.

But lately I have been fond of The Great Golden Baby.

The Great Golden Baby is a brilliant song.

I can't get enough of Stop The Fuckin' Car though. Such a good song.

I swear there was a Circa thread somewhere, I'm gonna do a search.

EDIT: hahaha, there was. I started it. My memory is awful.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Quote by the_astronaut

hahah Circa Survive...Oh yes..

even I remember that
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Quote by the_astronaut
I get what you mean, but I guess that's the reason I like them better, although Saosin's guitarwork is pretty good, I find it's pretty predicatble, if that makes sense.

Don't get me wrong though, I still love Saosin to death.

i'm going to give circa a listen from beginning to end tonigth and put my final judgment on them lol
Quote by CrashedTheShow3
hahah Circa Survive...Oh yes..

even I remember that

Hahaha, other people remember threads I've started better than I do
Quote by slowdescent2020
i'm going to give circa a listen from beginning to end tonigth and put my final judgment on them lol

Sweet

I kinda get lost in that album, soooo good.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

yeah, i love circa a lot more than saosin also.
i CANT wait for their new album, and for the 18th of march when i see them

i love how whenever someone talks about saosin it always turns into a circa survive discussion, and very rarely do circa discussions turn to saosin discussions.
i like how we started with a saosin thread and now its pretty much turned into a circa thread.