USCENDONE BENE
I want pure energy
1,743 IQ
I don't want to offend anyone when i ask this, but, how safe is it to upload ones tabs, at the risk of someone copying them and calling them their own? This may sound like a silly question, but i think anyone would be pissed by someone else stealing their song, and using it to get famous or something
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
rage6945
441 IQ
why would you post your own songs? i havnt heard them so i cant judge them, but in general i'm going to assume that people like to learn songs that are by famous bands, not UG members
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
cool#9
next satriani
309 IQ
Ok, first, rage, wtf this whole section is dedicated to your own songs. . .

Anyway, yea, i guess there is a risk of someone taking your song, or there wasn't until you gave them the smart idea. . . But for the most part people just want critique to make their song better, so if they decided to make a record or something it will please people more then if they just wrote it and recorded it.
USCENDONE BENE
I want pure energy
1,743 IQ
I mean in the 'tabs and chords' section where people post some compositions of their own
USCENDONE BENE
I want pure energy
1,743 IQ
Quote by cool#9
Ok, first, rage, wtf this whole section is dedicated to your own songs. . .

Anyway, yea, i guess there is a risk of someone taking your song, or there wasn't until you gave them the smart idea. . . But for the most part people just want critique to make their song better, so if they decided to make a record or something it will please people more then if they just wrote it and recorded it.

lol i wasn't trying to give them the idea, but anyway i think you're right, thanks