whats are some good distortion pedals for all around use?

i know that the ibanez ds-7 is amazing (a friend has one) and the boss ds-1 is kickin too but i dont own any pedals of my own so i dont really know.
the problem with ibanez pedals is that they go through batteries like water, but i have the boss mega distortion and i can get many different sounds from it, anything from major low end distortion to a overdrive and its good on batteries.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Why did Americans decide you remove all the U's from words? was it a pointless act of rebellion? 'Screw you english, we're gonna slightly misspell words to show you don't rule us anymore! suck on that ya limey bum sniffers'?
DS-1 is just about shit for everything. I use mine just for stuff where tone doesn't matter too much and when i need the exact DS-1 sound. For everything else i use a Metal Muff...best pedal ever.
from what I know the DS-1 can be very sharp. much treble so if you have a fender amp, then drop that thougt right away!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Yeah DS-1 was my first pedal and I still use it, it;s a great value pedal. Now it's not perfect. I will agree the distortion has a bad trebley bite all the time and it can be sharp. But it gives a nice boost with my amp. Sounds shit with a crap amp though but sounds pretty good with my ad30vt.

May I also reccomend the Pro Co Rat.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Feb 18, 2007,
Boss ds-2 is awesome. It is the same as the DS-1 in turbo I mode, and in turbo II it blows you away!
You're solid gold. I'll see you in hell.
The Ibanez SM-7 Smashbox is pretty smashing, and if you want to conserve battery life just unplug the input cable after you're finished using it.
Quote by bambi_slaughter
DS-1 is just about shit for everything. I use mine just for stuff where tone doesn't matter too much and when i need the exact DS-1 sound..

+1

it pretty much sounds good only with the tone at about 9 oclock or less, which isnt very versitile, but sometimes it is good when you want 'that' sound, tone higher than about 9 makes it unpleasingly piercing and useless, i think.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R