When you are strumming like power chords or just picking. Is it better to have your hand closed or open? I use a close hand. But then i see alot of videos of people using an open hand? Is my techniqe bad? Or is it just a prefrence thing?
Quote by KR3Wskater111
When you are strumming like power chords or just picking. Is it better to have your hand closed or open? I use a close hand. But then i see alot of videos of people using an open hand? Is my techniqe bad? Or is it just a prefrence thing?

personally i use open hand but it is best to play the way you feel comfortable, my friend plays with a more closed hand is he is definitely a superior guitarist to me, so I'd say it's more about comfort and preference, so long as it doesn't hinder the sound there isn't much of a reason to change
Whichever, as long as you don't anchor your hand on the guitar it's fine (unless you're plam muting obviously)
i personally play closed hand for when im picking fast and open hand for some strumming

but it is basically all based on comfort i guess
NOPE
Ya its all preference. I do the same this that nakon14 does and they are both comfortable. Its all style and how it feels to you. So whatever you find more comfortable is the way to go.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help