In the past two weeks, my guitar has developed a serious issue with fret buzz. Strings 1 through 5 buzz at around frets 7 through 15 with the first string buzzing the most. It seems to me that the source of the buzzing is from the string bouncing on the fret in front of it. When I press down some frets, it will play the note from the fret in front sometimes.

I've done a fair bit of research, and I've been told to raise my action. I've measured everything out, and everything seems normal. One thing I noticed is that the middle of the action in the middle of the neck is a few millimeters more than the action at the ends of the neck. Is this normal?

Does anyone know what is going on? I am fairly new to the guitar, and my guitar is the Epiphone EJ-160E acoustic-electric. Is there any reason why this is happening? If I must take it to the shop, could anyone provide a cost estimate?

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any help.
there is not enough relief in the neck, that is why it is bowing in the middle, so you need the truss rod adjusted

dont know of any prices, but for this kind of job you are best getting it set up in the shop, unless u know what you are doing
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by fire within
there is not enough relief in the neck, that is why it is bowing in the middle, so you need the truss rod adjusted

Thank you for the quick response. How bad is this for the neck? Is there any way I can prevent this from happening in the future? I don't recall doing much in the past two weeks that may have caused this to happen. Thanks!
it can be bad if you can visibly see a large bow in it, but other tha that, it shouldnt be too bad

the way it has been caused is if you went from a drop tuning(eg C standard) right back up to E standard and it was heavy strings to begin with

or it could be a new set of stings that are a higher guage than the ones you were previously using
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.