I was wondering if this amp is loud enough for gigging, it says 50 watts and it's tube so I'm pretty sure, I'd just like to make sure. Also I was curious if it was good for punk, I mostly play punk and I need a new amp for gigging but I'm on a budget and this is from what I've read it's a very reliable amp.
good enough for gigging! (without a doubt!)
and also stays accurate at high volumes!
Well it's cheap, of questionable quality, and loud, so it's probably ideal for punk.

It's not an amp I recommend, though.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Well it's cheap, of questionable quality, and loud, so it's probably ideal for punk.

It's not an amp I recommend, though.

Which amp would you recommend?
i can't get a decent punk sound out of it.

but i hate punk, so im fine with that.

the reliability is hit/miss though. excellent otherwise.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Punk's a wide genre, so I don't know exactly what tones you're after, but in Canada I think it's always wise to look into Traynor amps.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Punk's a wide genre, so I don't know exactly what tones you're after, but in Canada I think it's always wise to look into Traynor amps.

Old school punk sound, Stooges, Clash, Stiff Little Fingers, Sex Pistols, D.O.A. t
I think you'd do well with any classic rock amp, then. Rather than a new Valveking, maybe scour the used market for big enough amps in your price range. Fender, Peavey, Ampeg (a love the Reverberocket for punk!), Traynor, Crate V or VC series, Marshall... you're really not gonna go too far wrong with any of them.

The Valveking's a Chinese built amp with a lot of reliability issues. I'd stay away from it.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.