I just got my new strat, and when i tuned up to standard tuning from half step the bridge seem to like rise up at the back, i loked at the back and it only has 3 springs in it, should it have more, i an using 10-46 strings, i changed them yesterday, but there were 10 46 on its before i changed them, so is this normal or should i get it checked out.
Epiphone EJ-160E 6 string acoustic
Fender american highwayone sunburst strat
Art and Lutherie Cedar 12 string acoustic
Gibson (White) Les Paul Studio
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
You will probly need to tighten the 2 screws in the back or add a string, and then your intonation and truss rod might need some adjusting but im not positive on that.
three is normal.

try tightening the two big screws holding the plate holding the springs. that should solve it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
are they in a "V" shape? just wondering.

tighten the screws a little, and adding a spring isnt a big deal, especially if it's a MIM
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
no its MIA, but i figured it out, i have it set up for half step donw right now, but im curious how cna i set it up so i can go from half step to standard wiht out having to adjust spring tension?
Epiphone EJ-160E 6 string acoustic
Fender american highwayone sunburst strat
Art and Lutherie Cedar 12 string acoustic
Gibson (White) Les Paul Studio
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
the easiest way is to adjust the bridge. additionally u can adjust the neck too but, ur best off finding a happy medium.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011