I fancy winding my own pickups for an experience. Ive searched the forums high and low and search the net also and have been looking for a simple pickup winder. Ive seen some many variations, but not anything I have seen has taken my fancy.

What I plan on doing is having possibly a drill, or something that I can get hold of that is quieter. The drill is attatched to a peice of wood and on the end of the drill, a piece of wood that the pickup is attatched to. Ive seen something like this on the net. But despite this I don't no what to do for a counter. Ive heard the calculator method. Is there any other simple methods?

Thanks very much.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
what if you could find the average rpm of the winder and just use minutes as your guide? Although it wouldnt be exact its worth a shot.
Quote by livrockdie
what if you could find the average rpm of the winder and just use minutes as your guide? Although it wouldnt be exact its worth a shot.

Wouldn't it better to be accurate?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

I just found this motor from a while ago. And am about to wire it back up it works maybe I can use it. Its only small.

EDIT: Picture removed because the motor is no use :P.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Last edited by Lordoflax at Feb 18, 2007,
What I will do now is make the calculator counter, wheres the best place to get hold of a reed switch for cheap?

I will then make the thing up with an electric screw driver and wood.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Last edited by Lordoflax at Feb 18, 2007,
You can get reed switches from electroncs stores e.g radioshack.

This site shows how to make a good counter using a reed switch and a computer.