Does anyone remember king prawn, I doubt they were big in America, but they were big over here in the UK.

my favourite song was definatly dominant view

discuss...
King Prawn were f*cking awesome. I'm so glad I got to see them before they broke up. My favourite songs are probably 'day in day out', 'loneliest life' and 'dominant view'. All the good ska bands break up
Quote by pInK_eLePhAnT
King Prawn were f*cking awesome. I'm so glad I got to see them before they broke up. My favourite songs are probably 'day in day out', 'loneliest life' and 'dominant view'. All the good ska bands break up

yeah day in day out was amazing as well, but you right the good ska bands break up

king prawn
spunge
voodoo glow skulls

but capdown are still going
Spunge haven't broken up? I thought one of their guitarists left but that was about it. It was surreal to see Capdown's new album reviewed in Kerrang but I'm so glad they're still around. Ska Wars (the song :P) is the shit.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
I didn't know [spunge] had broken up either!! I was thinking more Lightyear, and Farse.. the UK scene is dying.
Yes, Capdown are still going, but my god are they terrible now. I'm going to see them tomorrow night, but I bet they suck.. again. But it's ok, 'cause Howards Alias are supporting, and there's a ska/punk clubnight on after, so it's all good
Quote by pInK_eLePhAnT
I didn't know [spunge] had broken up either!! I was thinking more Lightyear, and Farse.. the UK scene is dying.
Yes, Capdown are still going, but my god are they terrible now. I'm going to see them tomorrow night, but I bet they suck.. again. But it's ok, 'cause Howards Alias are supporting, and there's a ska/punk clubnight on after, so it's all good

oh how I loved Farse I loved hopscotch, they didnt actully have lyrics for it, it was just

a load of, skatting
With regards to the UK ska scene, who are the major players right now? I mean to my knowledge, Adequate 7 broke up right? Fandangle seem to be doing pretty well. Jesse James are meant to be splitting up (again -roll eyes-). What the feck is going on?! :S
Quote by BlackLuster

Quote by Jaimz

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Quote by DisgruntledDuck
With regards to the UK ska scene, who are the major players right now? I mean to my knowledge, Adequate 7 broke up right? Fandangle seem to be doing pretty well. Jesse James are meant to be splitting up (again -roll eyes-). What the feck is going on?! :S

Oh, god knows! Fingers crossed for Jesse James splitting up again if that's the case.. bunch of tossers. At the moment, I think Sonic Boom Six are big players, as are the King Blues. There's Capdown, obviously, but they're not so good anymore. There's the Catch-it Kebabs, Random Hand (who did some stuff with Barbar Luck from King Prawn whilst we're on the subject) and a band called Free Fall Felix who I reckon'll be pretty big soon. Howards Alias have recently reformed, which is cool... and there's been rumours of a Farse reunion actually.. fingers crossed.
But yeah.. there's no big UK ska bands anymore really, it's a shame.
Sonic Boom Six are absolute shite.

The most obnoxious ****s I have ever laid eyes on.

And they play southampton too often.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Sonic Boom Six are absolute shite.

The most obnoxious ****s I have ever laid eyes on.

And they play southampton too often.

EVERYBODY thinks that when they first hear them. I thought Laila's voice was the worst thing that I had ever heard in my life when someone first played me their cd.
They're a grower!
heh. no chance.

they're four kids from manchester. why are they pretending to be american? it's ****ing dumb.

I have however seen random hand, and I quite like 'em. The singer tells good stories about how the waitress offered him a choice at the breakfast bar on st mary's street. I reckon that if they lost the stupid guitar sound and nu metal shorts I'd really like them.
i listened to the sonic boom six on myspace just now...and it was horrible...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by mike2
i listened to the sonic boom six on myspace just now...and it was horrible...

if I had the space, I would so sig that
i don't see how they pretend to be american...that rapping girl is one of the worst parts...

on a different note, when did less than jake become a pop rock hornless band? i had one of their cds when i was first dabbling into ska, and now i look em up on myspace and they are a pop/rock/metal band??? i mean they sucked, but now they suck more...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Quote by mike2
i don't see how they pretend to be american...that rapping girl is one of the worst parts...

on a different note, when did less than jake become a pop rock hornless band? i had one of their cds when i was first dabbling into ska, and now i look em up on myspace and they are a pop/rock/metal band??? i mean they sucked, but now they suck more...

Lol they couldn't be much further from metal if they tried, silly MySpace pigeon-holing. When did they become a pop rock hornless band? 2000 - Borders and Boundaries. I don't think they suck as such (although their newest album had it's cringe-worthy moments) and I'll venture to say that while I prefered them as a diet ska/punk band, I think they pull off the pop-rock thing a lot better. Anthem, for instance, was their best album since Losing Streak (in my humble opinion).
Quote by BlackLuster

Quote by Jaimz

Quote by BrianApocalypse
heh. no chance.

they're four kids from manchester. why are they pretending to be american? it's ****ing dumb.

I have however seen random hand, and I quite like 'em. The singer tells good stories about how the waitress offered him a choice at the breakfast bar on st mary's street. I reckon that if they lost the stupid guitar sound and nu metal shorts I'd really like them.

pretending to be american? I've never got that vibe

Random Hand are awesome, they're good friends of mine. Robin (singer/trombonist) is hilarious, he's a great front man. I usually spend the whole set laughing. The last gig I saw them at, my friend Rich put them on, and it was his birthday, so Robin was like "ok, for this song, we're going to play a party game.... it's called 'Don't Let Rich Touch The Floor'!" so for the entirety of Tear it Down, poor Rich was being thrown about by the whole crowd
how does someone from manchester sound? I'm from the midwest in America, and we have that "Da Bears" accent... is that what you mean, they feign an accent? what i heard they let their accent out alot, especially that crappy rapping chick who i couldn't listen to...
Quote by BrianApocalypse