Page 1 of 2
Hey, I'm talking about Adam D from Killswitch Engage.

To me he seems like a ****ing clown... Does he even record any guitar parts?! Me thinks the other GOOD guitarist does everything, and they keep Adam D just for fun...

Am I right? I mean, he seems to be a cool guy but his image overshadows his guitar playing ability...

Who's the MAIN guitar driving force in KSE?! Him or that other guy?! Who comes up with all the riffs?!

Thanks!
for rent
He's an amazing musician. When he was the drummer, he wrote basically all of the riffs for Alive or Just Breathing. When he got from behind the kit, he just ****ed around a lot. It doesn't mean he's not a good guitarist. It is more of a testament to his ability because he can play and run around like an ass.
Quote by Inimical
So he's sexually attracted to animal rights activists?

That's messed up.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If Pokemon were real, I'd get me some sweet, sweet Jynx pussy.
Are you kidding me? Adam is the driving force (for guitar) of KsE. Listen to the song Holy Diver (Dio cover) you'll see what I mean. If he wanted to, he could shred that guitar neck like a mofo, but thats not KsE's style.
Not to mention he did all the behind-the-scenes stuff for As Daylight Dies (producing, mixing, etc.)
Tiger style.
Quote by kevinm4435
Not to mention he did all the behind-the-scenes stuff for As Daylight Dies (producing, mixing, etc.)

Don't forget that he did this on The End of Heartache too.
Quote by Inimical

That's messed up.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Ok, thanks! I like the guy! But he's weird )) I got their DVD, and he's wearing a ****ing... whatever it's called, Batman style, AND shorts! I mean, WTF?!?!?!
for rent
You mean he was KSE's drummer?! I knew he was a drummer but I thought in another band!
for rent
Just because he's not standing in one spot in ****in black jeans bobbing his head with long ass hair doesn't mean he can't shred. I think its a welcome break from the "seriousness" of hardcore metal.
Quote by Inimical

That's messed up.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I actually quite like their music, that's why I asked. Although the vocalist takes himself waaaay too seriously.
for rent
are you joking?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WJlml_PvMs

I dont think Howard takes himself too seriously and either way I prefer him a billion times over that other dude they had before.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
Last edited by miguelito2729 at Feb 18, 2007,
Quote by Gakusey
I actually quite like their music, that's why I asked. Although the vocalist takes himself waaaay too seriously.

actually, I don't think he takes himself as seriously as you think

AND

If I was Adam D, I would also be wearing short shorts and wearing a cape, thats frickin' awsome!!!

AND

That other "idiot", is what made killswitch what it is today dumb***.
to schecter-rules

dude okay no need to flame me man, chill out and stay civilized please. I just prefer Howard because he makes Killswitch Engage stand out from other metalcore bands because he can actually sing and pretty fricken well and he sings more that screams yet he's excellent at both. But it's just a preference as I get annoyed with good bands like All That Remains after a while because they only scream and I dont like screaming that much, just in reasonable amounts.
If you prefered the other guy, you could give some arguments like I just did and not resort to flaming like a child (I'm assuming you are over 16).

BTW I totally agree with your nickname .
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Wow, ok guys, I'm sorry. KSE rules, I see... I thought they were hated by everyone and was very ashamed of liking them...
for rent
Quote by miguelito2729
to schecter-rules

dude okay no need to flame me man, chill out and stay civilized please. I just prefer Howard because he makes Killswitch Engage stand out from other metalcore bands because he can actually sing and pretty fricken well and he sings more that screams yet he's excellent at both. But it's just a preference as I get annoyed with good bands like All That Remains after a while because they only scream and I dont like screaming that much, just in reasonable amounts.
If you prefered the other guy, you could give some arguments like I just did and not resort to flaming like a child (I'm assuming you are over 16).

sorry about that, I redact that statement...I should have explained, I actually like Howard as well, I think his singing does set him and Killswitch apart. I was just saying that Jesse was one reason that Killswitch became noticed in the first place. Some people tend to say that Jesse has a meaner scream, and Howard has a better singing voice. I think they are both fantastic at screaming, and Jesse did do a little singing on AOJB, but not as much as Howard now.

What kind of guitar do you have?
The man used to wear a Viking helmet.

You tell me how he could not be a good fucking musician.

Also, if he wrote most of Alive or Just Breathing, then I love him more than anything.
Quote by schecter-rules
sorry about that, I redact that statement...I should have explained, I actually like Howard as well, I think his singing does set him and Killswitch apart. I was just saying that Jesse was one reason that Killswitch became noticed in the first place. Some people tend to say that Jesse has a meaner scream, and Howard has a better singing voice. I think they are both fantastic at screaming, and Jesse did do a little singing on AOJB, but not as much as Howard now.

What kind of guitar do you have?

Agreed mate, I have an Omen-6 (electric blue) and a Damien-6 FR. I use them a lot, specially for KSE. Which one(s) do you have?
PM for details.

Quote by miguelito2729
Agreed mate, I have an Omen-6 (electric blue) and a Damien-6 FR. I use them a lot, specially for KSE. Which one(s) do you have?

sweet man, I have a Damien 6 FR as well. Did you tune it down yourself a whole step, because I need to know a good way to do that. I have another starter pack strat that I use to tune down
Quote by SilentSpectacle
Wow, Killswitch only thread?
How did this last this long.

I never knew there was a killswitch only thread.
Well first I bought new strings (11 set) which is just a little bigger than the factory 10s they put on them. Then while I was winding them (the new strings) I just stopped at one step down from E standard and just drop the low D to a C and voila! Drop-C, KSE ready.

BUT it's important that you get 11s so that you can lower all your strings by one step and keep the same tension on the neck. If you do this with the factory string size, you'll get problems with the neck.

I am a beginning guitar tech so tunings and string changing is right down my alley .
PM for details.

In Guitar World Joel was talking about how Adam writes these crazy guitar parts and how he struggles to keep up with Adam sometimes.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by miguelito2729
to schecter-rules

All That Remains can't sing?! Pfft, just listen to This Calling...

And KsE's old singer is much better, just try his new band, Seemless. There just wasn't the same "room" for that type of singing on the S/t or AoJB.
Seemless try too hard to be Soundgarden, IMO.

And if you watched the DVD, threadstarter, then you would know that Howard is a funny guy.
adam hurt his back really bad apparently
peel money rolls 'til our thumbs get tha papercuts

only member of the dragonforce is homosexual club
Jesse's screaming voice is horrible IMO. Sounds like it's breaking half the time. Great singing though.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Yup, plus the vocals on As Daylight Dies always sort of drown... That really sucks. Still, some tight work from the musicians and overall a top-notch band.
for rent
Quote by b_r_u_t_a_l
adam hurt his back really bad apparently

does anyone know if he is going to play on the upcoming No Fear tour?? Cause I'm going to be real pissed if he's not
He's probably good but since KSE purposly is trying to piss me off by sounding good yet not having solos(my crack) I cant respect him properlly.
Solos are overrated. I mean, you can't imagine Pink Floyd without those, yet you can't imagine, say, Slipknot (just an example) with those. It's a matter of preference.

I'm sure if Adam feels a solo is needed, he'll write a really good one.

-----

No, he'll have to miss the tour. They're bringing some other guitarist in. Still, KSE ain't KSE without Adam He's a clown
for rent
Quote by Gakusey
Solos are overrated. I mean, you can't imagine Pink Floyd without those, yet you can't imagine, say, Slipknot (just an example) with those. It's a matter of preference.

I'm sure if Adam feels a solo is needed, he'll write a really good one.

-----

No, he'll have to miss the tour. They're bringing some other guitarist in. Still, KSE ain't KSE without Adam He's a clown

Damnit!!, well I guess I will have to go see them again when adam plays.

________
and KsE doesn't need solos!
theres a (small) solo in breathe life..

and, i saw them perform holy diver live last year and the solo absolutely ripped.

adam d has majored in bass and production engineering (and something to do with percussion), has large producing/mixing discography (including unearth, every time i die, from autumn to ashes, shadows fall etc) and according to some guy on the dvd, hes regarded as one of the best guitarists in his field on the east coast - whether or not this source is credible is a different matter.

/thread
Quote by Gakusey

According to UG Pat, the former singer for Damageplan is filling in. I had no idea that he could play guitar.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
According to UG Pat, the former singer for Damageplan is filling in. I had no idea that he could play guitar.

that's what I heard as well, I hope he can put on a show like Adam
Quote by hatebreed219

He played guitar for Halford before Damageplan.
Apparently he's quite good.
He must be if he's filling in for Adam D!
Quote by Inimical

That's messed up.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Adam plays drums, records, produces, and plays guitar. Theyre both great guitarists. Hes the one that keeps the show really fun though lol. Hes nuts, gotta love him.
Page 1 of 2