I'm almost disgusted I haven't seen a thread on this legend yet. What does everyone think of his solo stuff? I'm really liking "Degradation Trip." But anyway, discuss his solo records here.

~Discuss~
LOL
WOW I'm glad to see this thread nice work. Yah Jerry is definatly one of teh most underratted guitarists in my opinion. Yah im really diggin his solo stuff so far, and i just saw youtube videos with AiC with James heitfeilfd singing that was kinda diffrent also with phil from pantera.

Gear:
Ibanez Iceman ic100
Fender Strat MIM
Peavey bandit 112
Samick bass
Fender 12 string acoustic
Austin Acoustic
Old Silverton steel guitar (40's)
Late 70's Tiesco
Conn 12 string Guitar
His solo work is pretty good. Can't say I'm impressed with the new AiC vocalist but it's nice to hear Jerry and the others play those songs again.
"Jesus Hands."

I needn't say more.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
His solo work is pretty good. Can't say I'm impressed with the new AiC vocalist but it's nice to hear Jerry and the others play those songs again.

William DuVall? What's wrong with him to you? He's no Layne of course, but he can sing pretty good.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
William DuVall? What's wrong with him to you? He's no Layne of course, but he can sing pretty good.

His voice isn't powerful enough.
i like Degradation Trip. nothing amazing, but its a solid album. havent heard Bogey Depot yet
Quote by mrrjf19
didn't Claypool work on Boggy depot

I'm pretty sure he did, but it's hard to tell seeing as Jerry has worked with every musician in the world.
LOL
I think I read he did. And Rob Trujillo (sp?) worked on the other one. I've only heard bits of his solo stuff, but I'll probably buy it someday...

Life is too short to listen to all the music I want to hear
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Life is too short to listen to all the music I want to hear

So, so true. Check out songs like Anger Rising, Jesus Hands, Cut You In, and My Song. Any worthy grunge fan should like it.
LOL
I've have a couple of his songs my PC. I really like Anger Rising and Devil By His Side. Whats his best solo Album? Im thinking of going to buy one as soon as I get some cash
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412

Col. Catman of the KISS ARMY UG REGIMENT:
PM Sloopy to join up!
Jerry is amazing. The album Degradation Trip is awesome. Couple dark songs on there. Me likey

~stepco
he's an amazing guitar player, and singer/songwriter.

degradation trip was a good, slow murkey grungy album, i'd recomend it to anyone.

the only problem is that there is no tempo change between songs, so they can seem to run together ect.
Cream fan club member #11.
Quote by DYEguitarist
I've have a couple of his songs my PC. I really like Anger Rising and Devil By His Side. Whats his best solo Album? Im thinking of going to buy one as soon as I get some cash

I'd go with Degradation Trip then....if you like Anger Rising, that album is all you.
LOL
Jerry Cantrell is my favorite guitarist. He's not better than Stevie, but he's my favorite.
Quote by DownInAHole.
I'm pretty sure he did, but it's hard to tell seeing as Jerry has worked with every musician in the world.

He did, songs 11 and 12 IIRC, but I left the case at home so I can't check.

Mike Inez also played on a couple of songs.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
also, if you want' to buy degregation trip, there are two versions, one is a single disk, and the other is a double. it's been recomended to my to buy the double disk.
Quote by P.B.
also, if you want' to buy degregation trip, there are two versions, one is a single disk, and the other is a double. it's been recomended to my to buy the double disk.

Definately.
LOL
We all know I love him!

Well I love what I have heard from his solo stuff, But I aint got the albums yet.
Quote by the1
We all know I love him!

Well I love what I have heard from his solo stuff, But I aint got the albums yet.

Dude, your band in your sig is pretty good. Just thought I'd tell ya.
LOL
I think I'm going to start looking for Degradation Trip.

Are there more solos and leads on it than on Boggy Depot?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
i just ordered deg. trip. had to give my friends copy back
also bought Facelift today. love it.
The vocals in the verses in "Owned" ... don't know why but I love them for some reason.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
Jerry is pretty amazing, really. Besides being a phenomenal guitarists and songwriter, he's a great singer, and Boggy Depot was AMAZING. Degradation Trip was great, too.
Quote by oddling8
Jerry is pretty amazing, really. Besides being a phenomenal guitarists and songwriter, he's a great singer, and Boggy Depot was AMAZING. Degradation Trip was great, too.

And to think he started out playing Elton John....
LOL
I love the way he carries himself on stage. He has great stage presence in my opinion, although that's judging only from the videos I've seen. Oh, and the "Ooh oohs" in Again are probably the best part of that song
heard my song and it was allright pretty good shit. I need to check more of him out being the huge ass AIC fan that I am!
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman