I need a good bass that holds in tune well, and is great for live shows. Please help!
REPETITON OF HATRED dir en grey
you should go take a shit in ur hand
Quote by unfathomable_bo
As far as users go, lisagabe is sub par at best

my gear:

Ibanez SA260, EMG pups, Original Floyd, and Schaller locking tuners tuners

5150 III 4x12 Cab

LOOKING FOR NEW TUBE HEAD!!!!
P.M. If your selling one!!!
but if not u should look into ibanez, good cheap basses
Quote by unfathomable_bo

my gear:

5150 III 4x12 Cab

yep, I agree with Lisagabe (not about shitting in your hand, but Ibanez.) ive got an Ibanez gsr 200. It cost £180 new, and i would have got something more elaborate if i could have afforded it. Im glad i couldnt because i love my gsr 200. its comfortable, has a decent range of tones, its affordable, and i really enjoy it. The only problem i have is some fret buzzing, but thats a problem with me, not the bass. Ive had it for about nine months now, and nothing has gone wrong so far.

EDIT: youre talking 250 - 280 dollars, right? that should translate decently to the gsr 200.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
lisagabe, you have been warned.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I own an Ibanez GSR200FM and love it. It's definitly worth it. If you want something that's a little bit more then I suggest you get a Peavy Millenium. If you saved up another $100 though you could get a Shecter Stiletto Deluxe. That one would last you a while.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Stiletto-Deluxe4-Bass?sku=513047

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GSR200FM-4String-Bass-Guitar?sku=515059

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Millennium-BXP-4String-Bass-Guitar?sku=511369
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

+1 on the GSR 200 I own one and i love it the only thing i would recommend is to get some new strings for it because the stock ones are Sh*%.
Quote by twowheels
yep, I agree with Lisagabe (not about shitting in your hand, but Ibanez.)

im sigging that 4 sure
Quote by unfathomable_bo

my gear:

5150 III 4x12 Cab

I'd get the Squier Modified Vintage Jazz Bass. Just because it says Squier on it doesn't mean it's a bad guitar, I'd put it up against some MIM Jazzes with a new set of strings.
Quote by SuperSnake2012
I'd get the Squier Modified Vintage Jazz Bass. Just because it says Squier on it doesn't mean it's a bad guitar, I'd put it up against some MIM Jazzes with a new set of strings.

Ditto. Just yesterday I picked up a Squier VM P-Bass and it can definately hold its own. I've had several high end basses (Euro Spector, 'Wick vette, American Fender) and while it definately not in the same category as those listed above it is a solid piece of economy gear. Especially for the $225 I paid for it at GC.
As stated above, a Squier P-Bass is pretty good, an Ibanez GSR-200/GSR 205, a cheap Yamaha, or a good used bass. On the used basses side, I recently picked up a used American Fender Jazz Bass for $300 which is amazing.
I've got a Peavey Millenium AC 5-string that plays like a champ. the mids aren't so hot, but with the active eq you can fix that within a matter of seconds. i got mine for about $330 off Musician's friend, if you can afford the extra $50-70. If not, look into the Dean Edge series. I recently purchased an Edge 01 off eBay for about $155.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.