im just tryin to improve my soloing/improv skills and all i ever hear is scales, scales, scales..

so what new scales should i learn? i already know all the modes, the major scale, and the pentatonic major and minor scales.

im lookin for some psychedelic sounds really.
Do you know all of those scales all over the neck? Every scale covers the entire fretboard.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
The minor scale?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Anybody know an easy way to learn all the stuff? Or "a" way period. Without knowing theory its really confusing me.
Im not sorry that i cant be like the rest of you.....
Quote by duncang
The minor scale?

He said he knows all of the modes.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
He said he knows all of the modes.

This is true.

In that case, diminished and augmented scales.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by samerika
or maybe things like the myxolidian.

HE SAID HE KNOWS THE MODES OF THE MAJOR SCALE.
Quote by samerika
or maybe things like the myxolidian.

thats one of the modes.

Are you sure you really KNOW the modes, or do you just know the position for the mode? You can easily play E phrygian in the location where most people think F Lydian is.

You can learn the blues scale (pentatonic w. a b5 i think), harmonic minor and melodic minor. I like Phrygian dominant too.

Another thing to keep in mind is that a lot of good solos contain a lot of arpeggios.
yes i know all the scales (that i currently know) all over the neck.. when i learn a scale i write down all its possible positions.. or technically i guess, how to play it with the root starting on each different string.

and yes technically the ionian is major, and aeolian is natural minor... i just wrote down the melodic and harmonic minors... ill look at the diminished, augmented, and pent blues..

fallinupstairs.. thats the same site i use to find my scales, i love it.. im just a lil picky about which scales to learn.

does anyone know anything about the enigmatic scale?