Hello everyone.

I just purchased my orange rocker 30 and I've been experimenting with it a bit. I can get a mean blues tone out of it and put the gain up a bit more, BAM-hits classic rock mode...put it full mode, you then are presented with a big crunch of hard rock. I just love it.

Anywho, I've been mixing with it for a bit and I'm wondering how I could get slash's tone a bit easier. What I mean by that is...what things are neccessary? I know for sure I can get close to his tone with my amp, he uses his neck pick up, etc.

Any effects necessary? Maybe reverb?

A little help would be great.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
slashes rythem tone is actually pretty generic. its just a basic blues overdrive tone with alot of mids and not too much gain. its really just in the way he records it. his live tone really isnt to complicated. its just a bunch of marshall vintage stacks. i guess you could try reverb or delay or whatnot.
he has a les paul with SD alnico pups in it, and uses a marshall jubilee, but a jcm800 is pretty close. he has tone and mids high, with OD a bit lowish, and uses his amps distortion.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Make sure you use your wah, Slash uses those alot, I hear it in many of his songs.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Feb 18, 2007,
Slash uses a Boss DD-5 delay added at the mixing desk for his delay and its switched in and out by the sound guy. Besides that you could get a graphic eq and push the mids a bit.
Well a Les Paul helps your case better, due to the neck pup! Like you should get it quite easily when you have it cranked!!
He uses the neck pickup for some rythem riffs, but not all. And its a LP with alnico IIs, into a JCM Slash Sig, Jubilee is close, or a JCM 800. For live shows in the 1986- Pre Slash Sig amp he used a JCM 800 dual reverb. And the only pedals in hit set up are a Boss Delay ^ and a MXR 10 band EQ for extra gain during Solos. 95% of his tone comes from his amp, cuz of his low output pickups, so if you have hotter pickups it makes it a little more difficult to nail.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
ya slash uses a gibson lp and he has his own marshall head (slash head lol)but if you want his tone add gain around like 4-5ish and mids pretty high, treb and bass to your liking. thats just my 2 cents
Quote by False_God
Well a Les Paul helps your case better, due to the neck pup! Like you should get it quite easily when you have it cranked!!

So my guitar and pups don't cut it?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
You'll get a better tone out of those Mules than he does with his pickups Bareknuckles FTW!
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by Jinskee
So my guitar and pups don't cut it?

Your guitar should! Usually (I think) Eclipses have the tonal features of a Les Paul, so it should work fine! Just crank the orange first and change to your neck pup and eq to bass:8-9 Mids:7-8-9 and Treble 5-6.. Thats what I say it would be like!
Well, a LP helps, but his pups are quite low output. around 8k resistance (burstbuckers or a JB are around 12-14 i believe). One thing you could try to do if you have high output pups is to run a passive bypass pedal, unengaged, to its sort of like having low output pickups. As for amp settings to try. Go to Mikesguitarsite.co.uk/

There it will tell u where slash sets his gain, treb, mid, bass and all that other stuff for Cleans and Dirty. So that may help.

BTW how u like the rocker 30?
Gear:
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
12-14k is low output?! What are you smoking?
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by aliwilson27
You'll get a better tone out of those Mules than he does with his pickups Bareknuckles FTW!

Haha, thank you. Bareknuckle FTW indeed.

Quote by False_God
Your guitar should! Usually (I think) Eclipses have the tonal features of a Les Paul, so it should work fine! Just crank the orange first and change to your neck pup and eq to bass:8-9 Mids:7-8-9 and Treble 5-6.. Thats what I say it would be like!

Cheers, I was worried for a second
I'm going to try that right now...and kill my ears.

BrB, LuLz

Thanks alot for the responses everyone.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by VRGNR08
Well, a LP helps, but his pups are quite low output. around 8k resistance (burstbuckers or a JB are around 12-14 i believe). One thing you could try to do if you have high output pups is to run a passive bypass pedal, unengaged, to its sort of like having low output pickups. As for amp settings to try. Go to Mikesguitarsite.co.uk/

There it will tell u where slash sets his gain, treb, mid, bass and all that other stuff for Cleans and Dirty. So that may help.

BTW how u like the rocker 30?

I like it alot so far. I havn't cranked it...the farthest I put it up to was 4 and It sounded so crunchy.

Great amp, I absolutley love it.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
ah thats cool. Im trying to decide between a 800, tiny terror, and a rocker 30
Gear:
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
Quote by paintITblack39
Do you have an EQ?

I don't think Rocker 30s have EQs.

Their natural channels don't have EQ settings, the Dirty channel does.
What I do is that I basically do it the one channel style. I EQ thedirty channel, bring up the volume and then turn down my volume knob, works well!

Oh and to the other dude, try the tiny terror out man! It seriously lives up to its name .

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Yeah i know. i have played all three. but i cant decide.
Gear:
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
Quote by False_God

z0mg.

I just dialed in those numbers and my amp sounds amazing...on master volume 3, woot!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R