I need some band advice.... My band consists of Me(Lead) my buddy Dustin(back up guitar and alternate lead when he decides he wants to write something) and my drummer. only me and the other guitarist have jammed over the phone ahahha. lol silly yes i know. Is it fine if im the lead guitarist but also make the lyrics? im really good at making lyrics and im really good at composing music... We dont have a singer either.
yeah i do the same but im also the singer. writing lyrics is hard for me though..i dnno i guess im not poetic or something haha. but im just wondern, if u dont have a singer, why do u write lyrics? in other words yeah go ahead and write.

how did u jam over the phone? lol...
"And float down Grand Street in daylight..."
i'm in a 5 piece band, i write most of the music, and quite a bit of the lyrics. oh, and i'm the lead guitarist.

if you are in a band everyone should have equal say in everything, don't let anyone stop you from writing just because 'your the lead guitarist', you should be able to write and present everything you want to.
Cream fan club member #11.
Quote by ShwagMan12
yeah i do the same but im also the singer. writing lyrics is hard for me though..i dnno i guess im not poetic or something haha. but im just wondern, if u dont have a singer, why do u write lyrics? in other words yeah go ahead and write.

how did u jam over the phone? lol...

lol speaker phone ahahhahaha it works charms actually. I write the lyrics because thats just how i am im a good storymaker. and im passionate about music. I have lots to say and people dont care enough outside of music to hear it all so i write it in lyrics and that way people pay attention. Thats why i write lyrics i suppose.