i own an ibanez gxr40 with an H-S-S pickup configuration.

i havent used it much recently and ive been considering changing some of it.

how easy would it be to install a new pickup in the bridge position? and get rid of one of the single coils?

thanks in advance.
Top lel.
get rid of one of the single coils? sorry if im being stupid, but do u mean change them?
You should listen closer, they shouldn't sound the same. If you can, try it on a different amp.
It all depends on what kind of sound you're looking for.

Honestly, I'd save my money and replace that amp before I'd even begin looking at my guitars. A little VJr. Combo will blow that MG right out of the water.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Quote by andrew7667
It all depends on what kind of sound you're looking for.

Honestly, I'd save my money and replace that amp before I'd even begin looking at my guitars. A little VJr. Combo will blow that MG right out of the water.

That's very true, although there might be better amps out there to suit his playing style.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
That's very true, although there might be better amps out there to suit his playing style.

A modded Valve Jr. can get very close to metal sounds, even without a pedal in front of it. Not to mention the VJ takes pedals very well.

Check out Kerry's site for clips of a modded VJ getting near metal sounds.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Quote by the memory
both the single coils sound EXACTLY the same :S
its kinda strange tbh...

It is impossible...

Learn why pickups are placed where they are...