don't expect to carry it alone
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
it has removeable castors, he'll be fine. unless there's some stairs, then ur just ****ed.
Quote by SocKo?
it has removeable castors, he'll be fine. unless there's some stairs, then ur just ****ed.

Or, if he tries to load it up into his car. The car being a Geo Metro:

It only weighs 112lbs.....It's not like he has to carry an elephant or anything.
Well, unless you REALLY need 600w then do not get it. Its too big, too heavy, and you can't add a cab to it.

Honestly, you don't need that amp.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Yea i know its heavy but man 600 watts is gunna be sweet and thats a damn good price as well. Ill just get some bandmate to help me move that beast. Also i have an F-150 so size isnt too much of an issue for transportation.
Quote by CC Crew
Yea i know its heavy but man 600 watts is gunna be sweet and thats a damn good price as well. Ill just get some bandmate to help me move that beast. Also i have an F-150 so size isnt too much of an issue for transportation.

Whatever dude but I highly would recommend otherwise. I play metal and thrash too and I am by far the strongest guy in our band and just because their wheels doesn't mean its easy to move it from your house to a friends house then back again and then to your room. You will most likely regret it because though it has 600w, you will NEVER get to use them really because you can't play near that loud in your house and you won't be able to use it with your band because they probably have no where near that much power. Its useless. For $400, you can get better tone amp that weighs less and has a more reasonable amount of watts.

Plus, two 10 inch speaker just can't produce 600w on their own and if they can then it won't sound good.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quite the contrary my guitarist has a marshall half stack and my drummer plays some Loud pearl drums. And saying that 2 10's cant produce 600 watts is BS the size of the speaker doesnt limit the wattage completely. Its heavy for a reason its because those speakers have such heavy duty drivers on them. But yea moving it will be a bitch but like i said ill just get some help its no big deal. I strongly doubt that i will regret it because from what ive heard kustom makes some really nice amps with some nice tone.
Quote by CC Crew
Quite the contrary my guitarist has a marshall half stack and my drummer plays some Loud pearl drums. And saying that 2 10's cant produce 600 watts is BS the size of the speaker doesnt limit the wattage completely. Its heavy for a reason its because those speakers have such heavy duty drivers on them. But yea moving it will be a bitch but like i said ill just get some help its no big deal. I strongly doubt that i will regret it because from what ive heard kustom makes some really nice amps with some nice tone.

I have a 300 watt combo. And play with two 100 (tube) watt half stacks and one bloody loud drummer. And i'm fine. I'd say don't get that and get soemthing less heavy.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
Whatever dude but I highly would recommend otherwise. I play metal and thrash too and I am by far the strongest guy in our band and just because their wheels doesn't mean its easy to move it from your house to a friends house then back again and then to your room. You will most likely regret it because though it has 600w, you will NEVER get to use them really because you can't play near that loud in your house and you won't be able to use it with your band because they probably have no where near that much power. Its useless. For $400, you can get better tone amp that weighs less and has a more reasonable amount of watts.

Plus, two 10 inch speaker just can't produce 600w on their own and if they can then it won't sound good.

How do you know that he won't be using it? When I decided to get my fullstack a lot of people tried to defer me and said that it was going to be overkill. However, I knew how much I needed, and I got it. My 1200 watt stack cuts through the mix great, and I've never once regretted buying it. Maybe this guy has shows to play, maybe he's not just jamming in his house. A lot of people don't keep their stuff in their room. I left my stack at our band practice house for months, all I had at my house was a 15 watt practice amp. before I built my rack I had just the Kustom Groove 1200 and it sounds great! There is nothing bad about the tone.

Also, you are right. Two 10 inch speakers can't produce 600 watts. However that is simply due to the fact that speakers don't produce wattage. All speakers do is move air. And two 10s can move air, thats all he's going to need them to do.
so has anybody actually tried out this amp before? Does anybody know how durable this thing is?
Guy from trivium supposedly used the head and cabs on tour so they probably are ok.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
Guy from trivium supposedly used the head and cabs on tour so they probably are ok.

Or maybe he's sponsored and enjoys free stuff?

I played through one of those at a local music store, and I was quite surprised with the sound coming out of it. Nothing like an Ampeg or a GK, but the sound (with an active EQ bass) was worth the price.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.