just wondering if anyone knows the difference between the russian and american big muff distortion besides where they were made obviously? is it worth the extra 20 for the american?

thanks
45+ views and nobody helped you....awww.

anyway let it be known that this info is what i have heard from others.

the russian sounds better with a bass than the usa one.
the russian has a "harder" sound,more brittle.

i have a usa big muff and i love it.never tried the russian one though.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

^ +1

Most people say the russian is a harsher, rougher sound, whereas the American is a smoother fuzz.
Russian is harsher, and US is smoother, like everyone above me said. The best way to see what you like is to try them both out.
I have the russian, it is a bit harsh, but if you fiddle with the settings you can get both tones.

The russian is also very ugly, it has cheaper knobs and is painted all black (at least mine is).
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
now that i think about it the russian big muff would have probably suited my style of music better.

anyway heres a challenge for someone if you have a strat and a big muff.
play on the bridge single coil with the gain quite low on the big muff and the tone control turned fully clockwise.bash out some open chords and play really loud.

come back with your opinions on this please.

when your ears stop bleeding of course.......
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX