what would be a better head for metal/death metal

the peavey B-52

or

the peavey 5150

thanx
(signature removed, please choose another)

What guitar do you have?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

jackson DKMGT. anyone know what EMG the brige pup is on theese? it looks like the letters "EMG" are written in gold
Uve probably got an emg 81 in ur bridge...good pup and ur guitar is decent to may i say so myself

As for the amp...b-52 is another make than peavey im pretty sure :/

And id say a 5150 either way.
yea idk why i sed peavey. wow im retarted. i think its cause i serched peavey and that came up. huh. and thank you for the guitar compliment. im buying me some kfk's soon anyway so it doesent even matter. thank god for birthday cash
then its an 81/85 combo right? arent thoose active pickups? cuz my baby has no batteries
Quote by player o slayer
then its an 81/85 combo right? arent thoose active pickups? cuz my baby has no batteries

I think it shud be whend you buy your guitar? they just started putting actives in 2006. Might not have a cavity and maybe you cant see the battery...my esp M-II i can c the battery cavity either. might be inside somewhere deep. :/ not really sure.
wouldnt it run out of batteries eventaully? and i bought it from guitar center somewhere around december
hey sora 01, you wouldnt happen to like jeff hanneman too would you? haha judging from your sig you do. ha me too man, me too. now if i could only get dat jcm. h00t!
yea dude me too. im even growing my hair lyke him. haha not just because its his but i think it looks good on me. lter
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by player o slayer
yea idk why i sed peavey. wow im retarted. i think its cause i serched peavey and that came up. huh. and thank you for the guitar compliment. im buying me some kfk's soon anyway so it doesent even matter. thank god for birthday cash

Your guitar has an EMG81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck. THe KFK set is the same thing. You would be spending money on pickups you already have. DOnt be a poser and blindly buy things because an artist you like endorses them.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Aye, the 5150 would be better
Not MY taste, but better
Also, one of the cavity's in the back near the volume/tone control cavity should be the battery compartment. My Ec had a sticker on the battery cavity, but idk for yours

and yes, Jeff Hanneman is god
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
Quote by joining_heads
Your guitar has an EMG81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck. THe KFK set is the same thing. You would be spending money on pickups you already have. DOnt be a poser and blindly buy things because an artist you like endorses them.

no they have a 20DB gain boost. and kerry isnt really that amazing to me, i mean hes good but i dont just want it because its his man.
Quote by player o slayer
jackson DKMGT. anyone know what EMG the brige pup is on theese? it looks like the letters "EMG" are written in gold

gold = 85
silver = 81
grey = 60
red = 89

Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
5105 end of
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Ya i dont really play death metal much. But Jack Owens practices in the same Hall as i do and as he puts it "The Death Metal Tone" is a 5150 with a tubescreamer. He claims thats what most of the Death Metal bands use wen they are recording
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
wuts differnt about the 89? and yea i kindas knew it was an 81 85 combo
Teh 515Zero is teh B3s7sorz

Go Peavey.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by player o slayer
no they have a 20DB gain boost. and kerry isnt really that amazing to me, i mean hes good but i dont just want it because its his man.

Actually you can buy the 20 dB gain boost seperately. It's called an EMG-Afterburner and they're fun little toys. Not much use unless you have a tube amp though. When you stick it through solid state distortion it just sounds blah. It's good if you need the extra gain or if you need to add some dirt to your cleans.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead