so yea, I need some recommendations for some bluesy classic rock pickups, maybe a little little bit of early metal type sound. Anyone have any good thoughts? I have a mahogany body guitar if that helps any. Thanks in advance.
What pups? like humbuckers or single coil? And what is your budget? What amp and guitar are you using? etc
Gibson burstbuckers are good, they are a bit pricy though.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
sry bout that, I have a spider 3 75(yea I know most of u think it sucks but i find the cleans to actually be pretty kicka** for twangy stuff) Actually I wouldnt mind recommendations for both single coils and humbuckers as I have a H-S-H config. Guys like Vaughan and Hendrix, Page, Perry to Slash. Also Ill be coiltapping both so would need pups that coiltap well.
Bluesy classic rock? Duncan Pearly Gates.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
wel my favourites are burstbuckers but u can pick up classic 57's like they use on the sg 61 re-issue. they sound good too. seymour duncans r also a good place to start
Gibson pickups are way overpriced in the UK, not worth the money....Dimarzio's and Duncan's are expensive enough but Gibson's are close to a ton each, if you're going to spend that much you might as well get BK's.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
In the UK you say? Look at swineheads or BareKnuckles
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile