I've had my "Original Crybaby" for a couple years, and truthfully i can't stand it. The sounds that i get have never sounded like a true wah. No matter what tone/amp/effects/guitar I use i never get the classic rock solo wah sound.

What wah would you suggest?

Ill pay as much as i need to for a really good pedal.

Thanks alot, dave.
The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.
-Frank Zappa
wow. what classic rock sound are you refering to, because correct me if im wrong but the crybaby was "THE wah" back then and most of the guys were using it [granted, along with other effects].

anyway, i myself am a crybaby man. but ive heard good things about voxs wah.
the slash wah kicks enormous quantities of ass
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
the dime wah is supposed to be good, i have a dunlop jimi wah and it kicks ass, but if you cant get the wah sound you want get the dunlop 535Q or whatever it is, that way u can adjust the frequency of the wah
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Yeah, I have a 535Q and haven't had any problems getting a good wah sound out of it. I haven't tried the Original Crybaby though.
Epiphone Riviera Jorma Kaukonen Deluxe
Orange Tiny Terror with a Mesa 2x12 Lone Star
Boss PH-3
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
i couldnt afford the original crybaby but i gotta admit that my dime does have slightly more body and fullness to it if u no what i mean
whao dude...
Epiphone 335 Dot
Fender FM65R
EHX Big Muff
Boss Digidelay
Boss OD

AND I DONT LIKE NIRVANA THAT MUCH ITS JUST A COOL ANIMATION!!!
Has anybody tried all those signature wah's?

I can't decide which i want to get. I don't care about the looks but i just want one that will do the job right for a long while.

They don't let people use 'em at the Guitar Center by me or the Sam Ash. Maybe i'll talk to one of the guys there a bit more see if he'll let me try those out.
shnaps i own sorta:-steinberger spirit
-ol' samick strat replica
-harmony acoustic of some sort
-ibanez pro bass

amps:-2 micro cubes
-peavey rage 158
-gorilla somethin
-ol' danelectro
-crate bass amp
try out a vox clyde mccoy and a budda budwah
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Vox wah all the way, I have a V848 and love it, I played the V847 it was just as amazing but sounded a bit different.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
The Vox deffenatly! I have a Vox V847 and play classic rock and i get that classic rock tone your speaking off!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
From what I hear is that getting a Crybaby is like a lucky dip as some a great and others are not so great, such rubbish or crap out.

yeah as above check out Vox =)
Go Slash crybaby. It rox
Deacon of the Church of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Member of Slashism, the worship of Saul Hudson himself, PM slash's_#1_fan to join

Member #34 of the John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub
PM IpodInaBottle to join
This thread is killing me. Those guys back in the day did not use Crybaby wah pedals. They used the original Clyde McCoy vox pedals for the most part. I find Dunlop Crybabies to be highly mediocre. Now, what pedal to pursue depends on your budget.

The Vox V847 is good if you're on a budget, but the V848 Clyde McCoy reissue is a tad better, to me, especially if you're playing classic rock.

If you have a little more money to spend, check out the RMC Picture Wah or Fulltone Clyde McCoy wahs.

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62

The Vox V847 is good if you're on a budget, but the V848 Clyde McCoy reissue is a tad better, to me, especially if you're playing classic rock.

I tried both when I went to buy myself a wah, and I found that the V848 is a bit brighter and has a less subtle sweep than the V847, in a bad way.
^To each his own.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I side with all those who said VOX. I have the 847. Try 'em out and see if you think the 848 is worth the difference in cost. You may think so. Either way, Vox is THE classic wah, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Vox V847 all the way. Bigger sweep than the Crybaby and the tone can't be beat.
Can't stop the signal.
Quote by Quoteman
AHHH! don't waste money on a new wah! go to this site and mod it

http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/mods/dunlop.htm#_modding_the_wah

My GCB-95 2.0 owns all other wahs now!

I concur. Unfortunately, most people don't have the time, patience, or skill to mod their own pedals.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83