Hey all, been fiddling around with my acoustic some more recently, after watching the fabulous Joel Mabus and a trip to Elderly Music in Lansing, inspiration struck; Mind you this is nothing of Joel Mabus' caliber, but it's a nice little tune none the less; Anyway check it out and let me know what you think, I hope you enjoy it!

Michael

http://mkylman.dmusic.com/
http://www.myspace.com/thatguyyouveneverheardof
that reminded me a lot of some led zeppelin acoustic. It was very cool. I think it would be awesome if this was on a 12 string, try it, there a lot of fun and I guarentee this would sound even better on a 12. Also I think you should have put some reverb on the guitar. The first riff was nice and was suprisingly clean considering this is a rough recording. I really liked when the notes started to get deeper, I think that was my favorite part was from 0:40 - 1:00. That was awesome, i especially loved the hammer-on at 0:45. That was great sounding. Im suprised youve only been playing for 2 years. I know I couldn't write something like this when I had only been playing for 2 years (i was probably still writing powerchord songs). Anyway, this is a cool little song. The only thing I didnt like was when the notes started to get higher at the end. I was looking for a twist in the song.

Overall it was great, keep going with this as long as you can, we need some more guitarists that dont play powerchords all the time

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528040 check out mine?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
that reminded me a lot of some led zeppelin acoustic. It was very cool. I think it would be awesome if this was on a 12 string, try it, there a lot of fun and I guarentee this would sound even better on a 12. Also I think you should have put some reverb on the guitar.
Sadly I haven't got a 12 string, I really want one though; I saw one yesterday in Elderly for about $400, more than I've got at 15; when school gets out I'm going to get a job and go crazy in that store, there were 2 really nice Alvarez and Martin 12 strings in there and a really nice Jackson electric(for like 600) that I loved, but I haven't quite got the cash for that just yet, so I'm going to try and get some over the summer and see if I can't work something out; As for the reverb I'll probably just run the song to my amp and set the reverb and then mic the amp, or I could just run it through audacity's reverb plugin, but I can't really get that to sound the way that I want it to; Thanks for the Zeppelin comparison!

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
The first riff was nice and was suprisingly clean considering this is a rough recording. I really liked when the notes started to get deeper, I think that was my favorite part was from 0:40 - 1:00. That was awesome, i especially loved the hammer-on at 0:45. That was great sounding.
Yeah, that was the section that I wrote in Elderly, I was actually playing it on a 12 string too, talk about coincidence! But yeah that's my favorite part of the song as well, it's pretty simple too, it's just variations of C, D, Em, G, and then the root of some chord I don't even know; Funnily enough, I played a lot of chords in that song that I have no fricking idea what they are :-)

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
Im suprised youve only been playing for 2 years. I know I couldn't write something like this when I had only been playing for 2 years (i was probably still writing powerchord songs). Anyway, this is a cool little song. The only thing I didnt like was when the notes started to get higher at the end. I was looking for a twist in the song.
Actually I've played for almost 3 years now, I just haven't updated my myspace :-) I tried to put a "twist" in the song, but I couldn't really find something that worked, but since this is just a semi-rough track I can probably salvage something later on, but I've got a paper on 3 sonnets due on Tuesday, so I won't have much time to really work on the song...

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
we need some more guitarists that dont play powerchords all the time
Hehe, I totally agree with you on that, I get kind of tired of trying to sift through for someone to crit who is more than power chords, though I have actually found some really good musicians on here, so it's not all that bad :-)

Thanks for the crit man, I'll check your stuff out right away!

Any more crits would be great you guys!

Michael
Last edited by fingersofflame at Feb 18, 2007,
Hey, I think this song begs for lyrics... it doesn't feel complete as an instrumental. Take each individual segment of this, and play leads over it, find melodies and words for them, stretch them out and keep them tied together the way they are, and you'd have a gorgeous song. Nice playing though. I heard the Zeppelin too, and he's right, 12-string would be a bonus.

Feel free to crit mine too, Eleanor Rigby's Funeral, or whichever you listen to
Idlefolk
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul
Lotus Telecaster copy w/ Fender pickups
Epiphone Valve Junior
Ibanez Tubescreamer, EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Digitech Metal Master, DigiDelay
Crybaby Wah