I heard that all lp need mods to stay in tune ,
does anybody have suggestions on what I should mod
tone pros metric locking bridge, and new tuning machines, or you could get a locking nut, but that requires more surgery then the bridge or the machines i would think
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
I was thinking more like new bridge and tailpiece

even though i got one of those tone tail string through back tailpiece
But do the have left handed modles of the tone pros locking system or is it bolth ways

I guess hat im trying to say is the locking post good get or should I just get the metric bridge
Last edited by deemoe4tweezy at Feb 18, 2007,
Threadstarter, you need to frame your questions more clearly. I couldn't understand what you ment until the third post.

Secondly, people need to stop recomending locking nuts for tuning issues. They completly defeat the purpose if the guitar doesn't have fine tuners on the bridge/tailpeice. This is because the clamping of the locking nut raises the pitch of all the strings.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
Threadstarter, you need to frame your questions more clearly. I couldn't understand what you ment until the third post.

Secondly, people need to stop recomending locking nuts for tuning issues. They completly defeat the purpose if the guitar doesn't have fine tuners on the bridge/tailpeice. This is because the clamping of the locking nut raises the pitch of all the strings.
ok then if not locking tuner then what?????????
should a get a new bridge or better saddle locking post I dunno what to do
Quote by deemoe4tweezy
ok then if not locking tuner then what?????????
should a get a new bridge or better saddle locking post I dunno what to do

I didn't mention locking tuners at all. I mentioned a locking nut.

Locking tuners would be great for tuning stability.

Out of curiousity, when did you change your strings last?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Quote by Will_Minus
I didn't mention locking tuners at all. I mentioned a locking nut.

Locking tuners would be great for tuning stability.

Out of curiousity, when did you change your strings last?

I know to change stirngs cause they lose elasicity over time
Your strings are still new, that kind of throws stability out the window. Did you stretch the strings properly?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Quote by Will_Minus
Your strings are still new, that kind of throws stability out the window. Did you stretch the strings properly?

how think so
I have this book on guitiar and the only thing it told me too do is stretch 2/3 of a cm I think it was 2/3
I'm thinking...

English as a second language?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
do u know about the studs in peg hole for the bridge and tail piece

weel I forgot to metion this the studs in the tail pice post holes stick out a little bit every time iI string her up

IS that a major problem???
2/3rds? That's nothing. That's like having your finger slip under a string. You need to pull on the string almost as far as it will go. Some people grab the string and pull it away from the fret board, and some just bend the strings really heavily.

Just do some heavy bends on each string (about 3 bends per string), retune and repeat.

EDIT: If they're sticking out from the body a little, that's just the tension of the strings pulling them. It's no problem.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Last edited by Will_Minus at Feb 18, 2007,
Aother thing i just bought an ibanez(rg370dkx) should i keep and have 2 axes or just
take it back and mod my les paul????

ok it stays on pretty good tune 7 out 10

when its got good strings

But i want to mod it soo it can be like at 9 or 10 for tuning
I also heard that u gotta adjust the truss rod before u work on the action and intionation is this true???
Quote by deemoe4tweezy
I also heard that u gotta adjust the truss rod before u work on the action and intionation is this true???

no, it depends on how your LP's condition is first. For example, if you lower the action, and it's no longer intonated correctly, then you will either adjust the bridge or truss rod.

My Epi LP Stay in tune just as well as my Gibson LP. The standard Grover tuners work fine after breaking in strings. they never go out of tune after that for me.
When you say 7 out of 10, how quickly does it go out of tune? Can it hold up to 10 minutes of playing, if so, leave it.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Locking tuners would be all you need if you're so worried. My LP stays in tune fine though.

And I do believe someone soon will post saying "DON"T TOUCH YOUR TRUSS ROD!" 'cos yeah it could screw your whole neck up.
tonepro TOM bridge and a new nut of sorts may be your best bet, try Earvana for LPs.
The Earvana nut only helps with intonation, doesn't help the guitar stay in tune.

A Graphite nut, and rolling saddles would also help.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says: