okay so i have a AD30VT and im starting to get bored with it. i either use the UK80's model or the boutique clean and i dont really use/like the effects. no matter how long i sit down and mess around with it i am just not satisfied with the tone of it. im wanting to go full tube now. can someone suggest me a new amp? or let me know something about the AD30 that will get me back into it.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
EXACTLY that happened to me. i munged up a little money and got a valve junior. it sounds inspiringly better.

go tube. and get ready to cream yourself since youre used to being dissatisfied with the vox.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
I have the AD30VT myself and I understand where you are. I'd keep it for practice and move up to a full tube amp, I did that some time ago and it was a worthwile move.
yeah i dunno if it is just me but i dont like ANY of the distorted amps models. UK80's is alright but i dont use it much at all. i dont like the plexi, jcm2000, triple rec, solando, or dumble amps models. is it just me or do they really suck?
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
i use mostly boutique clean or uk 80's, sometimes i use the boutique od or ac15 if i feel like it, which isnt much. but every other one sucks. blackface can be decent sometimes, but they really do suck.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
I ONLY use Boutique clean, blackface, and uk80's. thats it. i get my distorted tones out of my DS-1. which really isnt enough gain for me.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
the same thing is happening to me. it seems it doesnt matter howmuch you tweak the effects or anything, the amp models are starting to get old. im thinking about getting an all tube combo and just get a few pedals like octave, chorus, and a big muff. i would suggest a peavey valveking, those are cheap or an epiphone. also i feel bad about it because my parents bought it for me in november, and i already don't like it that much. i dont want to tell them that i want to sell it and get another one cause that would be a jerk move kind of. anyone got any ideas (not to threadjack or anything)
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
the same thing is happening to me. it seems it doesnt matter howmuch you tweak the effects or anything, the amp models are starting to get old. im thinking about getting an all tube combo and just get a few pedals like octave, chorus, and a big muff. i would suggest a peavey valveking, those are cheap or an epiphone. also i feel bad about it because my parents bought it for me in november, and i already don't like it that much. i dont want to tell them that i want to sell it and get another one cause that would be a jerk move kind of. anyone got any ideas (not to threadjack or anything)

yeah my parents bought me my vox a year ago and it was fun and all but after the third month i was looking for a new amp. it really is getting old. and yes ive looked at valvekings but i just didnt like them. to me they just sound like a souped up version of the boutique OD amp model. haha. i really like the XXX and JSX combos. but yeah dont worry about threadjacking, we are both wanting the same thing.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
totally been there man. My dad lent me $1250 to get a Marshall DSL401. Best change ever. go all tube dude it a must. just take your dad to the store and demo it (or if you suck get someone else to) and he'll see how much better it is.
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Tube..is...definatley....worth it.

Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R