Page 1 of 2
START RANT

ok so i am sick of all this bullshit that is you dont play fast shredding or cant solo or sweep
you suck

i mean i am a ****ing rythym guitarist.... so get the **** over it
so wat if all i can do is stupid easy bending solos that are slow and melodic... i can t play faster!!!!! unless it involves quick plam muting and shit

END RANT!!!

so do you really need to be a fast good soloist to be consided good?
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
get the **** off my internets.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
yes u need to be fast to be good
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
yes u need to be fast to be good

I am pretty sure Hendrix proves you wrong. And yes I noticed the sarcasm
Last edited by Methuselah at Feb 18, 2007,
.... And I thought my threads were lame. I learned the hard way, rants don't belong on UG.

gtfo, plz.
yep if you don't put a million notes per second in to a non-melodic phrase then you completely suck... common sense people...
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
no you dont have to be fast to be good.... but it sure helps
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Of course, no shredding = no ability whatsoever.

Comprende?
hai guize join mah gr00pz plz kthx:

Dude it doesnt matter how fast you can play, its the color of your skin that matters.
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
You don't need to be fast to be concidered good (though it sure helps). Look at some of the greatest guitarists and they don't necessarily play fast: Hendrix, Santana, Clapton ("Slowhand" come on!!!), Slash.

and don't worry, i'm in the same situation as u are.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
You don't need to be fast to be concidered good (though it sure helps). Look at some of the greatest guitarists and they don't necessarily play fast: Hendrix, Santana, Clapton ("Slowhand" come on!!!), Slash.

and don't worry, i'm in the same situation as u are.

So that is why you spread such lies! If you are not faster than Batio than you suck.
/sigh
"The guitar is just a wonderful instrument. It's everything: a bartender, a psychiatrist, a housewife. its everything, but it's elusive." -Les Paul
Ok man don't be stupid, playing fast is just another tool in guitar playing. It helps build intensity as you get to your target note, it puts some variety in your playing, and has many other notable uses.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
ok so i am sick of all this bullshit that is you dont play fast shredding or cant solo or sweep
you suck

i mean i am a ****ing rythym guitarist.... so get the **** over it
so wat if all i can do is stupid easy bending solos that are slow and melodic... i can t play faster!!!!! unless it involves quick plam muting and shit

i agree with this because i am the same way. im a rhythm guitarist and i cant play that fast. It doesnt mean i suck.
Notice only rythem players are saying that speed doesn't mean good... I see a lie going around to make them feel better themselves.
Rants usually consist of well thought-out arguments and intellectual writing, that was more 'having a bitch'.

Anyway, playing fast doesn't mean anything. You could teach a monkey to shred, but that doesn't mean that the monkey will ever be good at guitar. Perfecting techniques isn't a talent, it's hard work but can be achieve by mostly anybody. Creating music is where the talent lies.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Feb 18, 2007,
Yes, being able to play fast makes you a good guitar player.

But being able to incorporate slow and melodic parts in with the fast playing, makes you a great guitar player.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Smokey Amp
Rants usually consist of well thought-out arguments and intellectual writing, that was more 'having a bitch'.

Anyway, playing fast doesn't mean anything. You could teach a monkey to shred, but that doesn't mean that the monkey will ever be good at guitar. Perfecting techniques isn't a talent, it's hard work but can be achieve through hard work by mostly anybody. Creating music is where the talent lies.

that is what i mainly see.. but then you got some people like yngwie who play so fast that there is no feeling.. just fast shit..

like dragonforce...
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Guitarplaya27
that is what i mainly see.. but then you got some people like yngwie who play so fast that there is no feeling.. just fast shit..

like dragonforce...

Dude did you even read my ****ing post! Yes I agree that Yngwie is excessive but he has established himself as a brilliant guitar player and composer already! Listen to Black Star, Brothers, Adagio, or better yet check out the dvd he did with the Japanese Philharmonic Orchestra. Although it can get a little boring at times, you can clearly see his extraordinary skill.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
yes i see he has great skill.. but i just dont feel the music.....
i just feel like playing random notes and i win
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Guitarplaya27

like dragonforce...

You're a ****ing retard.
Just because Yngwie plays fast doesn't mean its not melodic at all. Have you ever heard Black Star, or Far Beyond the Sun? doubt it.

And I highly doubt you've listened to Dragonforce for more than 30 seconds. Go listen to Disciples of Babylon and Prepare for War. And stop making bullshit posts.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by Guitarplaya27

Well, then what are you complaining about! If you don't like the music than of course your going to develop a disdain for it and criticize it unless you come to realize the beauty in it like I did! Seriously go look for ones that you like and work your way up. I used to hate: Iron Maiden, Steve Vai, Dream Theater, and plenty of other great bands until it just clicked for me.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
Well, then what are you complaining about! If you don't like the music than of course your going to develop a disdain for it and criticize it unless you come to realize the beauty in it like I did! Seriously go look for ones that you like and work your way up. I used to hate: Iron Maiden, Steve Vai, Dream Theater, and plenty of other great bands until it just clicked for me.

Exactly. As much as it pains me to say this, when I first heard Satriani I just wasn't interested. I thought all his songs sounded the same. However, that's because I hadn't attuned my ear. Now I worship Satch, he's my favourite guitarist and I've been to see him live. That only happened because I listened to a lot more of his music.

Good is subjective. Just like Hendrix being good, some people think he was good, others, myself included, think he was rather lame.
well it better click soon then...

cause it hasnt
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Smokey Amp
Exactly. As much as it pains me to say this, when I first heard Satriani I just wasn't interested. I thought all his songs sounded the same. However, that's because I hadn't attuned my ear. Now I worship Satch, he's my favourite guitarist and I've been to see him live. That only happened because I listened to a lot more of his music.

Lol, I was the opposite of you, I loved Satch from the moment I heard Crystal Planet! Granted there were some songs I didn't like till later on. By the way, are you going to the G3 this year, its going to be awesome! I want to go but I don't think they're going to come anywhere near El Paso .
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by Guitarplaya27

cause it hasnt

It may never click. But to call someone's music emotionless just because you think he plays to fast is just idiotic.
Quote by Guitarplaya27

cause it hasnt

It may take awhile for it to click or it may never like he said^.
Quote by Senor Kristian
well i mean,,... the thing that caused this is htat people at my school obly want to play fast and since i dont feel the music when i play fast.. i say hell no i dont play fast.. so what i was trying to say was the bullshit about playing fast is gay
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
I'm a bass player so im rythm.....but i play leads as well....much faster then our guitar player
Quote by The Virtuoso
Lol, I was the opposite of you, I loved Satch from the moment I heard Crystal Planet! Granted there were some songs I didn't like till later on. By the way, are you going to the G3 this year, its going to be awesome! I want to go but I don't think they're going to come anywhere near El Paso .

I wish.

I live in England and it's not even coming to Europe, never mind the UK.

Your always going to have people like that. Some people just love playing fast...ALOT! Like I said just look around, I mean SRV was slow but he could rip it up!

^That sucks Smokey!
Quote by Senor Kristian
"one misconception that people have is that if you don't play fast, you don't play good"

Les Paul said that.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Your always going to have people like that. Some people just love playing fast...ALOT! Like I said just look around, I mean SRV was slow but he could rip it up!

yea he could i listen to his music...
I mean i love Eric Johsnins Cliffs Of Dover but man those fast soos are arg!!!
Desert ros eis great too...

so yea people like that are the idiots
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Guitarplaya27

you're just jealous, this whole ''feel the music'' bullshit is just your way out to escape the fact that you make a shitty shredder, just this bitchin your giving shows the little secret desire you have to be that good ,

its a style of music. leave it alone
Quote by BrianApocalypse
"one misconception that people have is that if you don't play fast, you don't play good"

Les Paul said that.

Another misconception is that some people believe "if its not slower than 100 bpm, and doesnt have enough bends, its emotionless".

I'm not argueing with you, but most people are stupid.
Quote by Rising
you're just jealous, this whole ''feel the music'' bullshit is just your way out to escape the fact that you make a shitty shredder, just this bitchin your giving shows the little secret desire you have to be that good ,

its a style of music. leave it alone

sad thing is i have said i dont want to shred ... so **** off
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Excuse me,
Please purchase two testicals and a one way ticket back to rhythm land, Mr. Emotion
By the way, don't forget your wife Ms. Unskilled...
haha man that sucked almost as much as you guitarplaya27
Page 1 of 2