Hey im just beginng to look into getting my first electric guitar. It wont be for a while yet but i need an idea of how much money to raise. My limits 500 euro and i like the look of this one.
http://www.thomann.de/ie/fender_mex_std_strat_aw.htm

Ive pretty much decide on roland cube for the amp but now im just lookin for advice on the guitar.Ease of playabilty is a big issue and i would like it if it came in white(shallow i know)I like the look of fender strats. Thanks for your time
the mex std strat does come in white i believe... and i think its a good guitar for the price (the charge for shipping it over to europe must be a bitch though, what is that equivalent to in us dollars?)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
i love my mexican strat,i punk'd it out with some new pups,and pup covers,and new knobs,and some nice stickers...just b/c im cool,or so i think...its also a great playing guitar,neck is awesome,plays ultra smooth,and the stock pickups were fine,but i need sumpthan to have a better distortion,they had some buzzin issues when i was playin,but i fixed that with a new bridge and middle pickup,the neck pup is awesome,wouldnt change it ever
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Mexican Fenders are very well made, so if it is what you want, you won't be disappointed. I've played a few, and they were of excellent quality, on par IMO with the American ones I've played (however, I will mention now, that I HATE STRATS, though I do appreciate their quality).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Is Fender still making guitars in Japan? if so I agree while the Mexi's are a good bang for the buck ,The Japan models are a even better bang for the buck. even if you pick up a used one.
Quote by latinosuperstud
the mex std strat does come in white i believe... and i think its a good guitar for the price (the charge for shipping it over to europe must be a bitch though, what is that equivalent to in us dollars?)

That site is european site so no worries on the shipping costs. Thanks everyone for their opinions. Just wondering is their a big difference between the roland cube 15w and the roland cube micro. This would mainly be for a practice amp.
Last edited by guitarguy182 at Feb 19, 2007,
yeah its pretty nice...i have one.its orange/red sunburst..its pretty nice 4 the price
Quote by guitarguy182
That site is european site so no worries on the shipping costs. Thanks everyone for their opinions. Just wondering is their a big difference between the roland cube 15w and the roland cube micro. This would mainly for a practice amp.

The difference is in size, the 15w is 15 watts, and I believe the micro is 2...The micro also has effects.
Japanese strats are not manufactured anymore, nor does thomann have them.

they have some japanese telecasters though.
Quote by bassdrum
The difference is in size, the 15w is 15 watts, and I believe the micro is 2...The micro also has effects.

But what is the difference in how loud the sound is. Will it be very big or not much. The micro cube is around the same price as the 15w but its size and effects seem to give it more veratility. Bearing in mind this is my first amp.
well i heard on this forum that although the mexican strats are quality built, the quality control is not so good? so if there was to be a minor fault in the process of manufactoring the instrument the quality control check would be more leaneant as appose to a say japanese or american strat.

and for the amp then go roland cube 15, i have one, you won't need anything else i say no more they are absolutely fantastic
455 euros is way to much for a strat.. i bought mine for like 400 dollars which is like 320 euros
^thats what i meant by shipping costs
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

Quote by nnizzle
455 euros is way to much for a strat.. i bought mine for like 400 dollars which is like 320 euros

Guitars are much more expensive in europe in general and thats from online aswell. The shops are a joke. Is there any better dealers that ship to ireland compared to thomann?
thats actually as good as it gets unless you used...im just saying it must be a bitch...at least you guys get cheap marshalls, orange's, and engl's
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

thomann is your best shot at guitar in my opinion. best prices in europe. and yes, prices in europe are super tacky, especially in 'real stores' (non-online).

buy the micro cube, and get the strat. you wont regret it. i got my hss strat, and it is better than any mexican ive played before, and as good as as half of the americans ive palyed. but i was lucky, i suppose.

and thomann has the cheapest fender guitars out there for europe.
since you're lookign for guitars, i highly recommend you buying this rather than the strat.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_demon_6_sbk.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_revenger_6_sbk.htm

which are both same guitars in different bodies...or if you want a brigher sound...

http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_omen_6_extreme_bch.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_omen_6_extreme_tsb.htm

i tried all these guitars today, and to me they perform better than fender instruments (this is coming from a dedicated fender fan).

these guitars are coming in at end of march, adn you haveto special order them to arrive for you.
They look like and probally sound like heavy metal guitars. I'm not really intending to ply any metal,more like soft rock and punk rock/pop. Like Oasis,Blink,Smashing Pumpkins. Correct me if im wrong
they wont get the sweet fender clean though... theyll be good for mainly distortion...

edit: i meant the schecters...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

Last edited by latinosuperstud at Feb 19, 2007,
Quote by guitarguy182
That site is european site so no worries on the shipping costs. Thanks everyone for their opinions. Just wondering is their a big difference between the roland cube 15w and the roland cube micro. This would mainly be for a practice amp.

I own a micro cube and untill i got my multi-effects pedal, i plugged it into an older peavey clean amp for just louder sound because drums would drown it out... The micro cube has alot of cool effects and is loud enough for practising and stuff like that but not for jammin with drums, bass etc. I never played the cube 15x but i assume its a bit louder// i've played the cube 20x which is cool with its different gain and distortion channels..over all the micro cube is great for such a tiny amp that can play with batterys im pretty sure..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
cube 15x is completely useless. i have it. too loud to play in an apartement. at 0,5 u cant hear anything, and at 0,8 its too loud.

im trading into micro cube.

it has more features, and is the best bedroom guitar.
Quote by guitarguy182
They look like and probally sound like heavy metal guitars. I'm not really intending to ply any metal,more like soft rock and punk rock/pop. Like Oasis,Blink,Smashing Pumpkins. Correct me if im wrong

alright. in that case, i'd check out the japanese telecasters first.
theres quite a good ibanez that is shaped like a strat and has the same type of pickguard and you can get it in black and white or white and whitish its really good and sounds nice also has a floyd rose vibrato.
Quote by nnizzle

yes, EVERYTHING is cheaper in america, except for marshall amps. we get the picture.
yea,those are fenders,so im guessin some people have played them,they are nice,ive seen a couple of the darker ones at samash
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join