Great band. Very good doom/gothic metal. I'm zoning out to Wildhoney right now. Anyone else like em?
Link?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Alright, pretty sweet stuff, Cain is an awesome song. I love slow melody type songs.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

Is 'vampiric metal' a commony used label? Because I found out about these guys from Threatres Des Vampires, as I was looking into similar bands, Tiamat being one of them, all of which were labelled 'vampiric metal'. Regardless, great band. I don't have anything of of Wildhoney, but I have stuff off of almost everything else. I really enjoy their vocals.
Last edited by Embodiment at Feb 19, 2007,
Ehh, I'm not sure, I'm almost positive vampire metal isn't a genre, it's most likely some sort of industrial type metal or perhaps some black metal, stuff made up because the theme is vampires.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Ehh, I'm not sure, I'm almost positive vampire metal isn't a genre, it's most likely some sort of industrial type metal or perhaps some black metal, stuff made up because the theme is vampires.

Ah ok. Lately I've seen quite a few bands being labelled that though. Either way, great band.
Hmm who knows, maybe if their are enough bands it will start a new genre, I can probably see that happening in the future.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Yeah ahahah. So far I've heard these bands being called vampiric: Theatres Des Vampires, Tiamat, Vampiria, Lord Vampyr, Siebenbürgen, Notre Dame, and Cradle of Filth but they don't count. It should be interesting to see how all this evolves.
Last edited by Embodiment at Feb 19, 2007,
Lol, I can see why they could call it "vampire metal", kinda like how I see older Moonspell as.probably just because the singing kinda sounds like the cliche vampire accent at times, or even just because of the lyrics in general. Just like how people call some music "Pirate Metal". Vampiria is really good though, havent heard the others you mentioned though, besides COF of course.
You can't call black/gothic metal 'vampire metal' just because the singer hails from Portugal and has a hollywood style translyvanian accent, thats just stupid and ignorant. Even if they have the odd song about a vampire or vampire worship......metal genres are becoming the laughing stock of the music industry. (along with immortal photo shoots.)
^ I wasnt really aware that people were actually SERIOUSLY calling some genres "vampire metal" until Embodiment said something about it. I called old Moonspell vampire metal just as a joke between me and my bandmates
ooooooohhhhh myyy Goodddddd...I looovee Tiamat!!!! Wildhoney is sooo ****ing trippy...beautiful, and relaxing...I have it on cassette!!! Pocket Sized Sun ftw!!!
FUCK
Tiamat is without a doubt my favorite band. Their albums are very amazing.

I particularly like A Deeper Kind of Slumber and Amanethes.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Bump for great justice. Anyone who is a fan of Katatonia's first few albums, or October Tide, you NEED to get your hands on Wildhoney. Just a brilliant album, and im not even into this kind of doom/gothic stuff usually.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I found out them years ago when Opeth's Blackwater Park was being reviewed and the reviewer mentioned Wildhoney. So I checked it out.

Its good.
Get the first 4 albums NOW.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
My buddy broght over the first 2 Treblinka demos last night.I was blown away holy shit.Early Tiamat is sweet as well!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Treblinka is unreal.

Sumerian Cry is cool but has weak spots

The Astral Sleep - flawless.

Clouds - Deadly.

Wildhoney - Pink Floyd meets metal perfectly. Unreal album.

The rest - shite.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested