i just saw on my local news, a 14 year-old kid just died from alcohol poisoning. the media blames it on "peer pressure". Sucks for him. any thoughts?
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Serves him right. Natural selection happens.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by $Guitarist$
Everything is 'Peer Pressure'.

Or influenced by video games and television. It's never the parents' faults.
Probally his first time and his last
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Congrats to him. The victim is the one responsible here. It's only his fault, no one forced it down his throat.
Everything's caused by "Peer Pressure" nowadays. Why do you think theres so many fat kids nowadays? "Dammit, I'll sit on you if you dont drink!!" ....Its a scary world
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
And yet marijuana, ecstasy, LSD, psylocibin mushrooms and cocaine are all still illegal when we have proof alchohol is more dangerous then all of them. Go figure.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by watchingmefall
About a year ago I almost died of alcohol poisoning, but I drank because I wanted to and I'm an idiot. I had half a bottle of whisky, some tequila, some vodka and other stuff. I'm 18 btw.

3 months ago, a friend ended up in hospital because he drinked to much, thank god he's doesn't drink anymore

Quote by pumpkins_rule
And yet marijuana, ecstasy, LSD, psylocibin mushrooms and cocaine are all still illegal when we have proof alchohol is more dangerous then all of them. Go figure.

i'm not sure about cocaine
Last edited by deluxity at Feb 18, 2007,
Quote by happytimeharry
Or influenced by video games and television. It's never the parents' faults.

Okay, yes. Media and neglect. Primarily why I play medieval RPG's.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Quote by $Guitarist$
Primarily why I play medieval RPG's.

Watch out. Studies say you are now more likely to bring a broadsword to school and raise hell...
Quote by happytimeharry
Watch out. Studies say you are now more likely to bring a broadsword to school and raise hell...

That sounds fun, I wouldnt mind slicing pretty much half the people at my school.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Quote by deluxity
3 months ago, a friend ended up in hospital because he drinked to much, thank god he's doesn't drink anymore

i'm not sure about cocaine

did you change your avatar?

anyway, the whole idea of "peer pressure" is just idiotic. he made his own decision to drink. it's just stupid parents and the media don't want to believe that 8th graders want to get drunk. and the parents don't want to be the ones blamed. it's just irresponsible and bad parenting.
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
If you drink, it's your problem. Peer pressure is just a really good excuse, the kid is just a dumbass, and I'll be really honest, if he did infact drink because his friends told him to he is a bigger idiot.
Quote by calebrocker
did you change your avatar?

anyway, the whole idea of "peer pressure" is just idiotic. he made his own decision to drink. it's just stupid parents and the media don't want to believe that 8th graders want to get drunk. and the parents don't want to be the ones blamed. it's just irresponsible and bad parenting.

sometimes it's not their fault, but there are ways to teach your kids how to drink and not die from alcohol poisoning
well
pretty much that kid died from being a dumbass
either from being a tool if it realy was"peer-pressure" or from drinking too muchwhich isnt hard to avoid
FREE-FORM METAL
The lack of discipline in this country is appalling. It's something that a little compulsory military service would fix. It's sad that people die, but like numerous people have said, nobody forced that shit down his throat.
Quote by arsonite
It's his own fault. There.

i know you're right but, what about their friends, it's easy to see when someone shouldn't drink anymore
Quote by deluxity
i know you're right but, what about their friends, it's easy to see when someone shouldn't drink anymore

Dude, his friends were probably the same age. If kids that age are drinking in the first place they don't have the sense to cut someone off...
Quote by happytimeharry
Dude, his friends were probably the same age. If kids that age are drinking in the first place they don't have the sense to cut someone off...

and maybe they were drunk too
they were. his friends were the ones who got him drunk in the first place.
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by leftyrockr
The lack of discipline in this country is appalling. It's something that a little compulsory military service would fix. It's sad that people die, but like numerous people have said, nobody forced that shit down his throat.

but then

Quote by calebrocker
Quote by calebrocker

They didn't get him drunk. He didn't drink his friends. He CHOSE to drink. His friends probably supplied the stuff and presented the opportunity but it ultimately came down to him and his decision to open his dumb ass mouth and let the juice slide right down.
Yeah he is a lightweight. My only time drinking was a liter of rum in 5 minutes. And seeing as I didn't even have a hang over; he must just be way to friggen' lightweight.
1. a parents point of view: "let's blame something else for the way our children grew up so that noone would find that we have been neglecting our children and not teaching them that what they do is their problem"

2. that's natural selection, deal with it.
"It smells like semen and Vicks in here!"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
"this is bob, bob has bitch tits"
Quote by happytimeharry
They didn't get him drunk. He didn't drink his friends. He CHOSE to drink. His friends probably supplied the stuff and presented the opportunity but it ultimately came down to him and his decision to open his dumb ass mouth and let the juice slide right down.

that's what i meant. his friends supplied the stuff, and were drinking, so he decided to do so also.
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by pumpkins_rule

anyway...

must be some brutal kind of peer presure "DRINK ALL THIS AND THEN THIS AND THEN THIS THEN THIS OR ELSE ILL KILL YOU BEFORE YOU DO"
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
you should have seen the video they showed on the news. it had about 20 bottles of different kinds of alcohol. i don't know if that's what they actually drank, but if they did, that's crazy.
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!