how do i tune my bass to sound like them. Is there a certain amount treble and such on my amp? how do i tune my bass to sound like it.
You probably wont be able to get it to sound exactly the same but basically you have to mess with your EQ (treble, bass, mids etc...) to get your tone to sound like them. Just keep changing your settings until you get a tone that you like. Sometimes a bass play's style will also change there tone, such as how close to the bridge you pluck, if you use a pick or if you pluck over the pickups. Basically mess around until you get a style and tone you like.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
Tune your bass to the tuning they use. I think it's drop C, but you can find out for sure by looking at one of the many tabs they have on this website that includes the tuning. Is there a certain amount of treble on your amp? Yes....why yes there is.
low to high:
Db, Ab, Db, Gb<use that tuning, or itll sound like crap
make it pretty bassy with some good treble, not too much midrange
i use a little bit of tone knob to get just a tiny bit of the...clankyish? sorta sound
good luck

ive played with the song a million times on bass and guitar, the tuning is most definitely and undoubtedly drop Db
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
he uses a gibson thunderbird IV in drop C# tuning or drop Db it's the same thing i'd have to say get some heavy guage strings and cut the mids on your amp or it'll sound way to muddy
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
he uses a gibson thunderbird IV in drop C# tuning or drop Db it's the same thing i'd have to say get some heavy guage strings and cut the mids on your amp or it'll sound way to muddy

Won't having no mids make you sound muddy?
Quote by Charlatan_001
Won't having no mids make you sound muddy?

You also won't project as well.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."